Inheritance tax

cosmic gateway
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also, don't forget you have a CGT allowance of £10,600 a year, and if you have a partner, putting the property in joint names can double this threshold to £21,200. but the transfer has to be an outright gift. how much tax you end up paying depends on your tax band but doing so can save you up to 28% on the additional threshold.

Thank you HB and James, great helpful info: I think Im getting my head around it all now. Been an eye opener, one thing for all if it helps, I had a problem with Barclays they told me they would not open me an executers accounts untill I had probate but I neeeded the exectures account to cash cheques made to the executers, for which I am one. Natwest and Santander told me they would open an executers account before probate so I can now cash the cheques and pay probate. Learned a lot so will pop things in place so my children dont experience this problem stessfull very stressfull. Regards to all Cosmic