Help! what happens next after got caught stealing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if you mentioned it earlier, but who is the retailer involved?

If RLP were to be involved then you would normally have been advised that the matter would be reported to them and what you might expect. Although I would be the first to say 'don't count your chickens', it is possible that you might never hear from a Civil Recovery company.

At the end of the day though, if RLP are involved, then there is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop the trail of letters. They are designed to intimidate, but your defence here is clear in that although your actions were wrong, no loss to the store occurred, and no additional expense was incurred by the store as the security were working on those duties anyway.

You can completely forget about any negative reporting on a CRB check though - even an enhanced one. For that to happen the police would have to be involved as all information is drawn from Criminal Records or Police databases, and if they were not called, then there will be no report to file. Although RLP maintain a database of 'dishonest persons' through their subsidiary company Cireco, not all employers use their service, and it isn't something which Universities would use either. It is more tailored towards high-level screening.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Apologies if you mentioned it earlier, but who is the retailer involved?

If RLP were to be involved then you would normally have been advised that the matter would be reported to them and what you might expect. Although I would be the first to say 'don't count your chickens', it is possible that you might never hear from a Civil Recovery company.

At the end of the day though, if RLP are involved, then there is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop the trail of letters. They are designed to intimidate, but your defence here is clear in that although your actions were wrong, no loss to the store occurred, and no additional expense was incurred by the store as the security were working on those duties anyway.

You can completely forget about any negative reporting on a CRB check though - even an enhanced one. For that to happen the police would have to be involved as all information is drawn from Criminal Records or Police databases, and if they were not called, then there will be no report to file. Although RLP maintain a database of 'dishonest persons' through their subsidiary company Cireco, not all employers use their service, and it isn't something which Universities would use either. It is more tailored towards high-level screening.

hi Sidewinder, it's topshop. there's something that i don't understand why i signed the banning notice from shopping centre not from the store itself as many cases i've seen here were told to sign a form from the store. does that make any differences?

Edited by kate11

It m,aybe possible that the shopping centre itself has decided to ban you, as it is private property it is perfectly entitled to do so.

There are many here with a very close eye on RLP and Cireco and their dubious practises, so you are in good hands, get back to us if you receive any correspondence from them.

Andy

It m,aybe possible that the shopping centre itself has decided to ban you, as it is private property it is perfectly entitled to do so.

There are many here with a very close eye on RLP and Cireco and their dubious practises, so you are in good hands, get back to us if you receive any correspondence from them.

Andy

thanks, i will.

Agree with Andy. This sounds like simple banning order from the centre. Although I stand to be corrected, Topshop do not appear on this forum as a business who use civil recovery, certainly not RLP.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I take it you weren't given a copy of what you signed Kate.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think it's usual practice that they ban people in privately owned shopping areas if they're caught and admit to whatever they have done. Their security operates throughout the centre and not just one individual shop. I can understand why they do that as retail losses are huge and they also have pick-pockets that operate on a massive scale so they have to be seen to be doing something to secure the premises for both the shops and the customers.

They are just doing their job so don't take it personally Kate. It's not worth getting upset about as they probably treat everyone in the same way. If you don't have a copy of what you signed then ask them for it as you should be able to find out who the security company is fairly easily. As Sidewinder has said, you have paid so there is no actual loss and I think you've paid enough already by the stress it's causing you. It's civil action and not criminal as the police don't seem to have been involved and only they can put that on a CRB.

• Haha 1

Agree with Andy. This sounds like simple banning order from the centre. Although I stand to be corrected, Topshop do not appear on this forum as a business who use civil recovery, certainly not RLP.

Could it be the shopping centre who use civil recover or RLP?

Hi caro, I have a copy but I left it at home.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it if you don't hear anything. I have never heard that Top Shop are one of RLP's clients, but if they do, then I think silverfox has a good point. Keep that piece of paper safe. Seems to me you signed it under duress.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it if you don't hear anything. I have never heard that Top Shop are one of RLP's clients, but if they do, then I think silverfox has a good point. Keep that piece of paper safe. Seems to me you signed it under duress.

When the store manager asked me to follow her to the back of the store, I didn't know that was the holding room. I have to admit I was terrified by the way they talk and I couldn't think of anything but crying and shaking. So I did what they told me to do. :(

I can well imagine that you would just to get out of there.

At the moment this is not a problem for you, so don't worry about it and get on with your life. As you've been advised, it won't show on any CRB check.

If it becomes a problem at a later date, then will be the time to take action to resolve it, but otherwise just learn from the experience and put it behind you.