Santander

ajs444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paid my wife's store cards on line on Saturday, went through as faster payment on the new account details Santander supplied some months ago.

Thought nothing more of it until this evening when I start getting automated calls from their collection department, saying the account is in arrears.

My wife went through to their Asian call centre and the operator said Saturday was not counted as a working day, payment did not process in time and there would be a £12 charge for late payment, he could not stop the default charge.

When my wife asked to speak to a supervisor she was cut off.

Thought faster payments were meant to go through at anytime, is the fault at their end, or have I made the late payment? It was due on Saturday so they should have the process in place to deal with payments.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Any payment other than cash into an account made

on a Saturday will not be processed until Monday.

As the due date was the Saturday the payment

shoud have been made on the Thursday to reach

account on the Friday some ''faster'' payments

may only just a little faster than the noemal 3-5

days for the payment to reach the recipient account.

Efficiency is not a word often associted with Satander.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thought faster Payments take 2-3 HOURS, any I have made before went through that quick.

If you do it 0930 on Monday morning etc., I agree but weekends seem to be a no no.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks, will just have to letter them, maybe trying to manufacture money for when their Storecards collapse due to court ruling.

From the faster Payments website:-

Single immediate payments

Customer input using online or telephone banking or using a branch based service.

Payments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The system provides a positive response to the customer bank within 15 seconds, and providing a reason for any rejected payment.

The money must be available in the receiving customer account within 2 hours.

Value limit of up to £100,000.

When my wife spoke to the Asian call centre she was told it was a Bank Holiday, hence the reason it did not go through.

It was certainly a Bank Holiday one year ago as it was the Royal Wedding, Santander probably have just carried the date forward.

Some schools in our area were closed on Monday due to heating that was turned off, this was controlled by a central computer that had a holiday programmed in because of the Royal Wedding one year ago, it shut about 20 schools.

Spoke to HBOS this morning, they tell me it went through their system as a faster payment, it was rejected by Santander, and taken on the Monday, therefore incurring 2 penalties of £12.00 each, how much money have they managed to generate over the weekend and from how many customers?

Time for a formal complaint to both banks I think!!

Only one bank at fault here, our friends at Santander, wonder how many people will be affected and will be oblivious till they get their statements.

My letter is away to Santander.