• Tweets

• I'm trying to unravel this – but I get the impression that there was no contract between you and EVRi and that you didn't even choose them but instead you decided use some third party parcel broker in the USA which organised the delivery. Is this correct? EVRi came into the picture because they would then eventually selected for part of the journey although you had no knowledge that it might be them and I suppose it didn't really matter as long as the item got to you. Secondly, I really don't understand the journey which this item made. You bought the item from somebody in the USA. They then were meant to dispatch it to you to another address in the USA but for some reason or other it came to the UK and then into the hands of EVRi at which point it was lost or stolen. More confusion here because you now tell us that EVRi marked it as being out for delivery but it was never delivered. This suggests that it was going to be delivered to a UK address but earlier on you said that it was going to be delivered to USA address. I think you need to look at the story. Maybe show it to a friend of yours who is not particularly where the details and ask them if they can make head or tail of it and then come back to us with clarification so that we fully understand. Also, I think we'd like to know what the item is, how was it declared, what was the value which was declared. You said it was a valuable item because it was rare and collectable. I gather from this that it is non-fungible. We need to understand more about this. Was an insurance policy purchased to cover it during the delivery process. I understand that this rare and collectable item be valued at £200. Have evidence this value. This could become very important. Also you have given is no idea when this happened. We need to understand the full timescale. There are a number of possibilities here including the possibility of the contract action against EVRi on the basis of your third party rights or an action for negligence but we need to know far more and we need to get a story that makes sense.   Finally, I understand that you have sent the letter of claim. What did it say? How much time did you give them? What did you expect to happen as a result of the letter of claim? Whatever the answers to those questions might be, clearly you had no idea how to proceed after having sent such a letter. A letter of claim is meant to be a serious threat of some legal action if some condition which you have stipulated is not complied with. You set a deadline for compliance and at the end of that deadline you issue the court action. Clearly you are not in a position to do that so your letter of claim is a bluff and undermines your credibility and it will find its way into the EVRi wastepaper basket – if it's not there already.  
    • Good morning. I just wanted to check something please. The other side have moved slightly and negotiated a full and final offer price to end this matter. I am happy with this. However, I want to make sure this is the end of the matter and am emailing the following over to them prior to payment. Is this enough to ensure they can come back for nothing else? Thanks -------------------------------------------------- Dear Sir.   With regards your last email below.   I am pleased to agree to the full and final settlement figure given below.   Can you confirm this payment will be in full and final payment with no further claim to be brought against me in this matter?   Best regards
    • 100% sure I didn't receive it, that why my first post is with the £100 letter.
    • Engine, the technology business Starling Bank was built on, has been busy launching banks around the world, from Romania to Australia.View the full article
    • use this your WS and inc this as an exhibit off to bed now 3 nights been up till 4am aurora watching wont be on too early as it's lambing season out herding with the dog. your WS main thrust is the debt would now be SB'd , the DN was filed xxxyrs+months after it should have been thus unlawfully extending  SB date to infinity. highlight their admittance regarding errors at that time period in your 'redetermination'  paragraph. agreements unreadable. would have already been written off due to SLC age write off criteria has they not issued the claim to stop the SB clock when they had no paperwork to prove their case in the 1st place. never earned over threshold. dx       Erudio - stopped sending email deferments won at FOS DRN-4141462.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed for Ct stage

Jlchilton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Great reading all your stuff and knowing that everyone is taking on the fat cats. Just reading through the steps and am at step two where I am sending the premininary letter with breakdown of charges. When I downloaded the spreadsheet from the site it said that I am stongly advised to attached a schedule to my claim with the courts. By schedule does this mean the spreadsheet - just checking the language. AlsoI imagine the claim with the courts happens at a later stage if the bank is still holding out but again I would attach a breakdown to them too... does it sound like I am understanding this all OK?!!

Thanks for your help, really appreciated. Good luck to all of you.

Hi,

Can anyone give me the correct address you should send your correspondance to for Natwest. I am just about to send the prelim request for payment and am not sure which is the official registered address...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Natwest have been pretty quick up till now getting back to me - seems they are getting the swing of it. Have had the letter back to the first request saying "sorry you are unhappy, blah, but we think these charges are justified". I now need to send the SBA but wanted to check the step by step instructions before I sent it over to amke sure I was attaching all the correct stuff.... and I can't find it. It seems to have disappeared from its original location on the site. Can anyone direct me to it pls..!!

Hi

I am at exactly the same stage with NatWest as Jlchilton. I have been filling out the money claim online Particulars of claim, when I remembered reading that you must give the bank fourteen days to reply or you may loose your right to claim.

I know that Natwest have given me a statement that they consider themselves to be in the right....but it did come back pritty swiftly so I am wondering if they are trying to catch me out?

I haven't found the appropriate advice for this particular type of letter on the 'Step-by-Step Instructions' page i.e stage 3.

The letter for stage 4 seems to be if you had no response so I presume it doesn't apply to me.

Excuse me for being picky but it's a lot of money and I need to make sure I get it right!

Yours gratefully Samantha

P.S Fantastic site!

Hi moffie

I would say if they have responded to either your preliminary letter or LBA making it clear they are not refunding then press on with the next stage.

If you have received an offer then respond with a letter accepting as partial and that they have xx days remaining to comply with your request before you submit lba/start MCOL

If you sent LBA and the fourteen days hasnt expired and you havent had a letter yet I would wait the full 14 days or u will jeapordise your claim.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone?? I gave Natwest 14 days and didnt get a response to my LBA and then gave them about 4 extra days (waiting for payday:D ) before I issued my claim. Hope this helps

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

Hi Moffie, it does seem like you are at the same stage as me - LBA?

From the sounds of it this is your next step, Natwest have responded to you saying that they haven't done anything wrong and that they are correct to deduct the monies etc etc as they did with me. Since they have responded you can now proceed with the LBA. I think it is only if you don't hear anything back from them you have to wait 14 days before you move to the next step.... so I think you are good to go to the next stage as I will do. Good luck and keep me updated as to how you do!!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

This site has been amazing, thanks for all the advice so far. I have sent my first letter to nat west to which they said that the fees were just etc etc and therefore to take it to court if i wished. then I sent my 'letter before action' to which i received an almost identical letter saying to send any court proceeding to their head office.

My worry is that they are inviting me to take them to court. The pointers listed on this site said they would bge liklet to either ignore my letter or offer me a partial refund. I suppoose the letter was sent registered so they cant claim they didnt receive it (in fact they got back within 5 days of both).

Now I believe the next step is to take them to the small claims court. Has anyone got any advice on this? Do I submit MY interest charges when i take up this claim? Obviously I dont go through the samll claims court on a regular basis so any help to do with this step would be very useful

Thanks

Now I've merged your threads, you'll see you were given the link to the step by step intructions above in post number 6. Please read around the site, and research off-site too.

Bringing your claim to court is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.

[