S.E.N. - who do I complain to initially?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My child has a S.E.N. which has only recently been put in place. He is in year 8 now. We moved to this area (new borough) when he was in year 4. He has always been in school action plus since starting school (reception).

In the last borough the school was very poorly run imo - two schools amalgamated and became one (newly built). Staff often told me he was a nightmare (professinal huh). He was also seen by an ed psych whilst he was there.

So (thankfully) we move to a much nicer area and school in a totally differnet borough. He sees an ed psych here too (primary school) and is involved in all kinds of interventions such as behavioural support etc.

So still no statement or anything, I constantly ask why - no funding. Other children more in need.

So today I go to a review meeting, I was told by SENCO there that she it should not have been her that implemented the SEN, it should have been done much sooner.

I tell her I want to make a complaint if she feels it should have been much sooner, however, she said it should have been in my sons previous borough.

I would like to make an official complaint on behalf of my son, I feel he has been let down and will now suffer consequences for the rest of his life. Im very much digusted that all these years I have been told he wouldnt have been eligible and have now found out they should have put him forward for one.

Do i write to his current educational authority and complain or do I write to the previous one. Do I just state why I feel it is inadequate, do these letters actually make a difference?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi and welcome to CAG

It may be worth your while contacting a local advisor who has had dealings with your local education authority.

I suggest you take a look HERE and see if the BDA has a local helpliner

I'm not saying your child has dyslexia, just that I used to be a helpliner (many years ago) and the helpliners I came into contact with had a lot of knowledge about dealing with the (complicated) special needs service

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 months later...

You would need to make any complaints to your old borough (as they are who you wish to complain about) you would need to write to the head of schools and inclusion and also send a copy to the chief exec (they like to be kept in the loop) If you have no joy then contact the Education Minister its Leighton Andrews that we contact in wales not sure about anywhere else!