PPI calcultion help HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I have received my SAR from HBOS for my credit card started in 1999 which I closed in 2007 (and yes they have sent statements for all of these dates :-o) I am now completing the running PPI calculator but do I need to continue after I cancelled PPI in 2003 or do I continue to the card cancellation date

Hi

Continue to the card cancellation date, that way you have a full reconstruction of the account

ims

PS...are you saying you got statements/transaction history back to 1999?

I finally stopped in Dec 2005 as all the statements after that had a zero balance, So being realistic what can i roughly expect to get from them, Would it be just the PPI or would I get simple 8% or can I expect the compound interest too. I have been self employed since I was 18 years old so it was definatley a mis sell

Thank you, Should I put the calculation sheet in with my claim letter? ( Sorry for all the questions this is my 1st one)

Don't worry about questions....that is what we are all here for.

Yes included a copy of the spreadsheet with your claim letter. Don't forget to also send the completed fos questionnaire

ims

• 1 month later...

Today I have recieved a rejection from HBOS for my credit card claim

My reasons for mis sell were, I have been self employed since the age of 18 and I have always had a seperate insurance in place in the event that I couldn't work and any policy would of been no good to me. Also I was not aware of the PPI being added to the account.

Their reasons for rejection are.

I applied for the PPI by direct mail ( I don't remember doing this)

The policy documentation would of explained the limitations of the PPI and I was not significatley affected by the exclusions. (surely any exclusions make the ppi not worth having)

The CCA shows an additional signature in the consent form to confirm that you wanted PPI added to your account. (There has been no copy of the CCA sent to me when I SAR'd them. The account was closed in 2007 so I didn't expect one )

So my question is do I contact them again stating my points above or do I go direct to the FOS

Thanks

Hi

If it were me I'd write back and refute each point on which they base their decision and go into as much detail as you need to.

Tell them that if they have this evidence of your signature on a consent form you want to see it and they should send it to you. Ask them to explain why this piece of personal data was not sent to you with your SAR request as you are sure the ICO would be interested in the reasoning behind withholding data.

I would give them one more go purely because fos will take a long time and if you can resolve this yourself it will be quicker.

ims