Where do I go from here

Mezzanine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, This is a new post for me, I am in the process of sorting out my problems with NatWest. I have been with them for over 48 years and in the last 10 reckon that they have cost me my credit rating and caused me to have to work on past 65 (1 am 68 now). Some of the problems are as follows:

They charged for mortgage endowment plan never ordered but put into action by bank employee who then left they took £990 out of our account over three months until we found out when we complained they told us that we should have cancelled it within the first month

We arranged for them to make a payment to Amex card company but they overlooked it although funds were in account. This caused credit company to call in debt collectors, bank manager faxed explanation but by then too late we had to pay the whole outstanding amount which left us in debt..

I cancelled cheque at on time and received charge for this on statement, then same cheque was bounced twice a week after being cancelled we were charged twice for this.

We were told we had a new customer manager she turned out to be the most incompetent person around. Did not compare notes with business manager and in fact bounced many cheques although overdraft was in place. In one instance cancelled all standing orders including mortgage and threatened to send in agents to collect bank cards only to retract statement later in week when we pointed out that there was money in the account. Received many threatening letters from her with follow up letters two days later telling us that we should ignore the previous letters as she had information that was not available to her when she wrote the first letter???

Bounced cheque on supplier although there was twice the amount of funds needed to pay it told supplied that we had uncleared effects, in fact after much telephoning by me they found that the problem was that I had not signed the cheque but they had passed it through our account twice trouble is our supplier now thinks we had no funds in account. We paid this online in the end as it was quicker than sorting out through the bank

several times the bank has not paid standing orders although funds in account, they have later sent letter to companies concerned apologising but again damage done to credit rating.

have worked out my bank charges over the last six years which amounts to over £12,000, (more like £15,00 over the last 10) I have roughed out a six page letter to NatWest complaining of the problems and pointing out that they have cost us our credit rating, How should I end this letter as I feel that I should receive compensation as well as the overpaid charges as these idiots have cost me my retirement and a lot of worry over the last 10 years. or should I just put it all in the hands of a solicitor. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I have the letter addressed to The managing director Natwest bank 100 Bishopsgate. Is this the right place or where should I send it.

Hi sorry to hear of your troubles, you can send it to the head office address or to your local branch!

I would respectfully ask for your charges back + interest and if they pay you wont chase them for compensation for your bad credit record.

I'm not sure how far you would get with the compo anyway but its worth a try!

Good luck!:)