style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My name's Trish and boy have I had one bad experience with the FOS 19 months and still onging - two months down to the fact that first they mislaid my complaint and didn't pick up on it for two months despte ingoing correspondence inbetween.

How to treat them? Treat them with the contempt they deserve. You should read my emails to current adjudicator - I'm on No. 2

Piece of advice before you contact the Ombudsman send a SAR(SUbject Access Request) to your bank. Under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to all personal data gong back 6 years. You should read what turned up through my letter-box.

Court proceedings under consideration? You bet!!! Libel ring a bell with anybody?

Agree with the first bit...fos are pretty lame

As far as a SAR goes you are entitled to stuff further back than six years provided the bank hold it. It is the banks who play a game by telling people that are not required to provide it or that they don't have it. There are many cases on CAG where people have got their information going back far longer than six years.

It can depend on how hard you want to push for it.

Where does Libel come into it? :???:

ims

Agree with the first bit...fos are pretty lame

As far as a SAR goes you are entitled to stuff further back than six years provided the bank hold it. It is the banks who play a game by telling people that are not required to provide it or that they don't have it. There are many cases on CAG where people have got their information going back far longer than six years.

It can depend on how hard you want to push for it.

Where does Libel come into it? :???:

ims

As in making false and malicious allegations to writing to third parties. As regards the bank's game pity mine is chess. The adjudicator plays it too but oviously hasn't heard of the term check

Here's a snippet from the latest email

You might also care to bear in mind that you’re supposed to be the umpire not batsman for the opposition. Talk about lbw.

Sleep tight Don't let the FOS fogies bite. Bite back instead.