• Tweets

• Thanks for this! I'm still not clear if I'm facing more than 6 points on my license though. Can you explain any further please? When I accept the 2nd speeding ticket, will they just charge me £100 and 3 points, or will they be more severe concenquences since that offense took place the following day of the 1st offense? Similarly, when I accept the 3rd offense, will they look at my record or just charge me with the £100 fine and 3 points?
    • Yes of course. That's why it says cc:: BIg Motoring World at the bottom. Don't imagine that this solves the issue. It doesn't. He not have to force the finance company and big motoring world to accept the rejection to give your money back. I suggest that you get the letter off tomorrow. And let us know what you hear but on Friday you should then send a threat to the finance company.   Have a look what I have said here about your options and read the whole thread as well.  
    • Been perusing the actual figures on the polls above wondering where the '16% claimed for deform comes from? I understand that there are 'weighted' end results based on secret calculations ...   Probably going to repeat this later, but remember that the ukip/brexit/reform/deform party has ALWAYS had poll speculation FAR better than their actual  performance at elections - by large margins. SO: The labor and Tory votes come largely from simply the people who say they will vote for them - sorted Lab 43% Tory 20%, with maybe another small 1-2% coming from the weightings of the 'not sures' Greens largely get what is declared from 'other' , although with another declared green bit from the 'pressed' question   So as the share of the voting displayed in 'other' granted to reform/deform is around 11%, where does the '16% too often being reported come from? Seems that reform has been granted as beneficiary of effectively ALL the don't knows and wont says, who when pressed didn't actually declare for someone else ... effectively adding 40%+ to their reported polling % - rather strange given their consistent under-performance compared to polling - or perhaps that is the cause of the higher rating eh?   Now I admit the possibility (probability?) of wingers being ashamed of declaring their support for the yuckey lemon end of the spectrum ... but surely  that should affect the 'Torys as well? Maybe the statisticians have simply weighted in that deform wingers are simply more likely to lie?   But - without 'weightings' and assumptions that faragits will get everything that isnt declared as a definite and unequivocal 'not that Piers Morgan' - reform is on around 11% it seems.   Add to that the history of polling a lot less than the hype - and the simple fact that faragit wingers seem to be spread across the country (presumably skulking in their moms spare room despite being 45+) and greens and lib dems seem to be community minded - I think two seats will be an epic result for farage. Hardly the opposition - far more raving wingnut party.   and importantly - Has farage got a home in clacton yet?
    • "as I have no tools available to merge documents, unless you can suggest any free ones that will perform offline merges without watermarking" (which you don't) ... but ok please upload the documents and we'll go from there
    • Please go back and read my message posted at 10:27 this morning @jk2054. I didn't say that I wasn't going to provide documents, only that I will upload them to an online repo that I am in control of, and that I would share links to these. You shall still be able to read and download them no different from if they were hosted here. And, the issue I have is not so much with hosting, but using an online pdf editor to create a multi-page pdf, again I have discussed this that same message.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell SD received - two sep debts merged as one claim - allowed??? - *** WON ***

Benjieman1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help.

I have received two visits from some one from Lewis Investigation Service.

In letter 1 it mentions serving a Bankruptcy Petition.

Someone dropped another letter with legal forms regarding making me bankrupt.

I am physically disabled and primarily house bound and am also being treated also for stress, anxiety, and depression with panic attacks.

Unfortunately this person came before my personal carer arrived and posted a,

‘Rule 6.1. Statutory Demand under section 268(l)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986. Debt for Liquidated Sum Payable Immediately’

from Hamptons Legal Solicitors who represent Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited.

In the letter they have lumped two debts together. Capital One and Hutchinson 3G UK Limited for a total combined sum over £1500

I do not recall signing a contract with Lowell Portfolio.

These are contracts that go back to 2004 & 2005-2006.

When I collapsed at work and was being treated by the mental health team.

I did hope to return to adult teaching but was released from job and was suspended from benefits.

Despite having insurance cover Capital One would not pay as they said I had a pre-existing condition which they new of.

3G refused to close my phone account when I made them aware that I could no longer pay monthly as I had been informed I could not return to work.

All call cost had been paid but these are charges they’ve decided to add on whilst refusing to close account.

Though challenged they will not accept this.

Between 2005 & 2008 a lot of my affairs was handled by debt line and mental health support.

I cannot recall talking or writing to Capital 1 or 3G for many years.

The forms are official but I do not see any court stamp or any contract.

But the Particulars of debt as shown as below:

Particulars of Debt

(These particulars must include

(a) when the debt was incurred,

(b) the consideration for the debt (or if there is no consideration the way in which it arose) and

© the amount due as at the date of this demand.)

The claim of the Creditor is for payment of £ being the balance of monies due against a credit account made between

The Debtor and Capital One Bank (Europe) PLC in respect of a Credit Card, under account number,

such agreement being regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The rights and benefits of the said account were duly assigned from Capital One Bank (Europe) PLC to the Creditor by way of a Debt Sale Agreement dated

and notice of assignment having been served upon the Debtor by the Creditor on in accordance with the provisions of Section 136 of the Law Property Act 1925.

The balance of the debt at the date of this demand remains outstanding and due for payment by the Debtor in the amount of

despite previous written and verbal requests for payment being made by the Creditor to the Debtor.

Notes for Creditor

The claim of the Creditor is for payment of being the balance of monies due against a mobile telecommunications agreement

made between the Debtor and Hutchinson 3G UK Limited to which the balance outstanding relates to

airtime charges and / or rental charges or fees in relation to the agreement that was set up and serviced by the original creditor under account number.

The rights and benefits of the said account were duly assigned from the original creditor to the Creditor by way of a Debt Sale Agreement dated

and notice of assignment having been served upon the Debtor by the Creditor on in accordance with the provisions of Section 136 of the Law Property Act 1925.

The balance of the debt at the date of this demand remains outstanding and due for payment by the Debtor in the amount of

despite previous written and verbal requests for payment being made by the Creditor to the Debtor.

I hope someone can help me and my care team to address this matter.

I have 18 days I believe from their letters date

I am also getting 1, 3 even four calls plus from them which is getting me down and I will not now answer my phone to theirs or with held numbers.

Regards.

Benjieman.

Edited by Benjieman1
Been advised to remove dates and personal details

Hampton Legal sit 2 desks down from Lowells all in same office. they are Debt Collectors I would be very very surprised if they will make you bankrupt I suspect its a scaring tactic to make you pay or contact them, but wait for someone with more experience than me as there is some serious questions here about whether you should be contacted at all. I'm sure you will get good solid advice but dont worry.

Edited by padja
spelling

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

have you a scanner?

can you scan up the SD please?

they cant lump 2 debts together like this

some thing smells here..

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers details in page 3

i dont think merged debts are allowed

this might be suspect and not allowed.

await help.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Firstly you MUST get this set aside, are Lowells aware of your personal circumstances ? probably not......I suggest you have a good read around these forums, just type in Lowell and/or Lowells and you will see plenty of other similar threads. You will need forms 6.4 (set aside) and 6.5 (witness statement) It seems clear that you have missold PPI on the credit card.....it would be interesting to see how much it is.

Have you been in correspondence with them recently / at all ?

And please note down all the dates / times they call......

I would also suggest a SAR to the original creditors too which will cost £10 each, but may be £10 each well spent....!!

Don't be surprised if the debts are statute barred either certainly if you have not made any payment towards them for at least 6 years (5 in Scotland).....

If you need help with your witness statment or are struggling to understand how to set this aside, then please don't hesitate to shout..........and please try and relax as best as you can as there are plenty of others here who are in similar situations as yourself.....

I not sure mid 2000 I was pretty out of it and I recall something about debtline getting involved in my debts. The mental health support team and counsellor. I can not recall talking to them but could I could have. have

It won't be the magistrates court as that is for criminal offences.....I think it will be this one (which should be the one named on the demand)

Priory Courts

33 Bull Street

Birmingham West Midlands

England

B4 6DS

If you have some help then that is excellent......you'll need forms 6.4 and 6.5 which you can find here - http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/about-us/forms/england-and-wales

Some help here how to fill out 6.4 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162489#post1749288

Are you ok to potentially defend yourself in court in front of a judge ?

YOu have been served with a Statutory demand and it needs dealing with, with some urgency. You have 18 days from the date of the demand.

I have moved your thread to the legal issues forums and have sent out some S.O.S's for assistance.

Can you recall the last dates you made payments to any of these accounts ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

two threads merged and tidied.

keep to this thread please

dx

and they

Mr B is quite ill at present. I would like to assist him but am not aware of these procedures. Is there completed examples viewable thanks.

Sorry to hear this and hope he is feeling better soon.

If you scroll back to post # 15, some links to other threads have been posted up. Just click on them and you will see other examples.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Post 14 above explains how to fill out the 6.4 form.

As for form 6.5

Then you would be putting something along the lines of.....

The defedant avers that the alleged debts are barred by the Limitation Act 1980

The defendant avers that the alleged debts have been in dispute since (date/year) due to the original claimant not paying out on any Payment Protection Policies despite the premiums being paid up.

In light of this dispute which the claimant clearly is ignoring I refer to -

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collectionlink3.gif where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt

The creditor is attempting to circumnaviagte the official bankruptcy thresholds and a previous dispute by rolling up the alleged debts together. The defendant avers that this action is unlawful, frivolous and by nature use of the demand in this instance, is clearly being used as a debt collection tool and an abuse of the process.

The creditor avers that the claimant is committing an offence under The Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

The claimant believes that an offence has been committed by the debt collectionlink3.gif agency under The Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations.

Offences relating to unfair commercial practices. A trader is guilty of an offence if he engages in a commercial practice which is a misleading action under regulation 5 otherwise than by reason of the commercial practice satisfying the condition in regulation 5(3)(b).

Which clearly state...

Misleading actions

5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(b)it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with, if—

(i)the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by that code of conduct,

Interpretation2.—(1) In these Regulations—“average consumer” shall be construed in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (6);“business” includes a trade, craft or profession;“code of conduct” means an agreement or set of rules (which is not imposed by legal or administrative requirements), which defines the behaviour of traders who undertake to be bound by it in relation to one or more commercial practices or business sectors;“code owner” means a trader or a body responsible for—(a)the formulation and revision of a code of conduct; or(b)monitoring compliance with the code by those who have undertaken to be bound by it;

“trader” means any person who in relation to a commercial practice is acting for purposes relating to his business, and anyone acting in the name of or on behalf of a trade

The defendant refers to the code of conduct stated by the Credit Service Association to which Lowells are a member -

The code of conduct clearly states

q) Where a debt or the sum owed is disputed, as

soon as is practicable, supply information to the

debtor in support of the claim. Where no

information has been supplied by the creditor,

obtain the required support, or failing that cease

collection action.

The claimant has failed to provide a defualt notice in the prescibed manner

The claimant has failed to provide a subsequent termination notice

The claimant has failed to provide statements for the duration of the agreement. (it being commonly known that some debts are made up entirely of excessive charges and/or potentially missold payment protection insurance)

The claimant has failed to provide a copy of my credit agreement/agreements despite my legal request and bereft of and support of the civil procedure rules.

The defendant gracefully requests the judge dismiss the demand

In light of the seriousness of this action, the frivolous use of the demand, the lack of information provided to the defendant and the upset and worry this has caused the defendant gracefully requests the judge dismiss the demand and grants a bankruptcy restraining order on the claimant.

The defendant also requests payment of my expenses either in the stadnard or indemnity I quote from authority -

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection