Can you claim without the interest?

Frankie B
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all this is my first post on here. I have had a search but cannot find an answer to this. Once I know the answer to this and get my 2nd letter sent out I will start a me Vs Nationwide thread which I will update.

I have just receieved my data protection details and am claiming back around £800 in fees and am happy to just claim back this amount. Can I modify my letter to advise Nationwide that I will not be claiming back interest charges at this time?

Hi Frankie, why wouldn't you want to claim back the charges?.....lol...Its add abit extra and you get 8% interest on the interset when you get to court. If your gonna claim for the interest charges later you are better off claiming them at the start. If you have an overdraft them you can only claim certain charges.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

The main reason was just that I have an overdraft facility on the account so working out what I can and cant claim could get tricky. I wouldn't want to mess it up and not get my money back or have to start again.

At the end of each months statement there is a summary page for the charges. When I have been charged for unathorised overdraft etc there is an interest charge underneath and on months were there are no charges there is still an interest charge, although much lower because I am still in my overdraft.

So I'm guessing I just ignore those and claim for the months they have stung me?

I personally demanded all the charges that were unlawful in my preliminary and LBA letters. When I filed in court I used the spreadsheet and claimed the 8% and also added that the 8% was incurring daily. it is amazing how much extra this adds on. In fact in some of my cases I was hoping that they didn't settle before court action as the 8% is well worth having.

Hope this helps and I would defo go for the interest.

Polly

Thanks for all the replies. You guys are good, very quick and helpful! I feel less worried already. I have a little more reading to do on here regarding the spreadsheet, then I'm going to total it all up and go for the interest. Once the letter goes out I will start a new thread. Thanks again. :-)

Hi Frankie B

I didn't quite understand it at first as we have an overdraft on our account which we are constantly using, so I was concerned about working out the interest etc.

However, after much deliberation I decided to claim for compounded contractual interest on the charges only (not on any interest charges) this is 24.9% which is NW current unauthorised borrowing charge. If you intend to go down this route please look into properly so you fully understand what you are actually claiming.

By doing this you cannot claim the 8% at court stage but it does make a huge difference. From our original claim of £2,200 over a six year period, it takes it to an astonishing £4,300 - have a good think about what route to go down but make sure you are comfortable with your decision. You can then tell them of your intentions from the beginning in your prelim letter.

If you want to go down this road, let us know and between us we can point you in the right direction - good luck :)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x