• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Will a chat with police come up in CRB check

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently 21 and a few years I a 'indecent' remark on Runescape (An online game I was playing) regarding liking 15 years old girls, which I have regretted since. I was 18 back then (a 15 years old would only be 3 years younger than me, even if I was to date one, was there anything too wrong with it?) and I was on holiday from university and was playing the game because I was bored. A couple of months later, a policeman turned up at my house showed me this record and said messages like these can be interpreted and charges could be pressed on this ground. I told him that I was sorry and has not played the game since. Nothing was done and I was definitely not cautioned.

I am now looking to do some freelance teaching, in particularly A-level students. I have been told about potential opportunities in working in schools, so I am currently applying through an enhanced CRB check through an organisation. The only thing that could potentially come up is the story above. Is this kind of things held on record and used against me?

it shouldn't but could be if the policeman made an incident number as you be around children of the age you mentioned. It can be put as precaution however you should be given an opportunity to explain. However I suspect it wont appear but if it does be prepared to answer any questions and be honest about it. I wouldn't worry too much though

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

thanks a lot. I hope that is the case... I thought about volunteering in teaching a few years ago and got worried cos of this so I didn't in the end, because if it came up, I think I'd have felt really embarassed...

Hello there.

We've had quite a few queries along these lines. Some people have needed to explain to a prospective employer. But I remember people who did something when they were young and slightly foolish who have found that they received an understanding reaction because of being young at the time.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Highly unlikely to show, I see many enhanced CRB checks

as chair of a charity never ever seen a ''chat with the police''

show up.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

All the CRB checks I have seen are enhanced as it is a childrens

charity, convictions and warnings will show.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Then it will not count, not show.

Only formal recorded action by the police

will have any impact.

Brig.++

Its all going to depend on if the poilice felt strong enough to make an official record about the chat and the nature of it. Police sometimes hold intel on things like that and it would be up to the individual police force's to decide if they wanted to disclose it or not on your Enhanced CRB and each police force is different.To be honest and I dont want to put you off in any way but it is pot luck if they hold intel and if they are going to disclose it. I have seen intel come back for far less and on the other scale I have expected intel or more information to be disclosed about incidents and it hasnt.Only way to see would be to get the enhanced CRB done and if it does show explain to your employerthe circumstances surrounding it and it would them be up for them to decide.misselle

The OP would have been told(a legal requiement) at the

time of the ''chat'' if any such action had been taken.

It is not done by the ''back door'' if this had been an interview

under caution or a caution issued it would be a different matter.

Unfortunately there is no such legal requirement if the police want to note down Intel and the OP certainly wouldn’t have been told if they wished to take it down as Intel as this would defeat the purpose of Intel. The police can hold Intel on anyone about anything without that person ever knowing, I’ve seen in many times and I’ve seen it many times appearing on enhanced CRB and Disclosure checks.Police sometimes simply don’t have enough evidence to prosecute someone however their concerns are serious enough that they want to log it as Intel on their police system. It’s the same way that such things can be disclosed on a public interest order.Example being Ian Huntley, he had a number of Intel noted on him but not prosecutions which the police forces didn’t share with each other. Hence when enhanced CRB checks were introduced so that a person like him who police had concerns about but had no evidence could be prevented from working with children by the Intel being displayed on a check.I worked at disclosure Scotland for a number of years processing their disclosures and working together with CRB therefore I know a lot about this subject. Processing the Intel disclosed from police and dealing with the fallout from people when they discovered Intel had been disclosed by the police.

Hi Not being pedantic here, this has nothing to do

with ''intell'' as you put it is regarding a formal report

to the CRB not the keeping of intelligence, having many

CRB checks I know quite a bit myself.

Brig,A formal report to CRB would be because of Intel held on the OP or anyone else who applied for CRBs at enhanced level.sometimes on PNC or CHS or even through the various lists which are checked someone gets flagged, that person doesn’t need to have any criminal convictions on the record or file which has been created for them but what some do have is information that the police hold on them an example beingCheck is done on Mr A, PNC shows a record for Mr A that has no convictions or cautions or warnings on it however it does have an Intel marker on itCRB would contact the police force who own the record and tell them the position Mr A is applying for, Police force then decide that the Intel they have on Mr. A is such that they wish to disclose it on the CRBMr A gets his CRB back and it shows that the police spoke to Mr A about a flippant comment which was made to his neighbour regarding the neighbours 14 year old daughter, however charges were never made against Mr A

It may be different in SCOTLAND, The Criminal Records Board Keeps

CRIMINAL RECORDS NOT SUSPICION,

CONVICTIONS, CAUTIONS YES.

Other relevant information is where it would appear and its not just Scotland I’m talking about CRB are governed by the same police act as disclosure Scotland, so yes suspicions can be disclosed if the police deem it necessary Part 5 of the Police Act 1997 which sets out the criteria for CRB checks states: 115 Enhanced criminal record certificates F298) The Secretary of State shall also request the chief officer of every relevant police force to provide any information which, in the chief officer’s opinion— (a)might be relevant for the purpose described in the statement under subsection (2), (b)ought not to be included in the certificate, in the interests of the prevention or detection of crime, and ©can, without harming those interests, be disclosed to the registered person.

In simple terms the information relating such so called'' inteligence''

information is limited in bot content and accessibility.

i

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm a bit confused a bit worried what what info will show on a enhanced CRB check.

I work for a retail store of which I had a manger who stole £6000 last year.

A bit of background.

He stole the money bit by bit taking the daily takings here and there.

Unknown to myself he was taking the money the night before the cash collections by the security company and sealing the large banking bags. On a number of occasions I was the only manager in on that day so I would be the only to hand over the banking bag and sign the receipt to state that the monies had been collected from the store.

To cut a long story short, I was sacked ( got my job back when I applied to ET - company backed down) , arrested and was on police bail for nearly 4 months. The manager who took the money finally confessed and was convicted and given a suspended sentence for the theft, I was 'released' if you can call it that.

Now will this show up on a enhanced CRB check?

My employer are saying it won't but I'm not sure.

Unlkely I think,as you were not convicted,

You can find out by making a sublect access

request to your local police or the CRB itself.