Voluntary Termination Notice - But I did not request it!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All I have had a car on a CSA from Santander Consumer Finance for close to 30 months on a 60 month agreement and I am considering handing the car back under the 50% rule, but not trusting Santander's inclusion in the terms and conditions of "you must return the car at your own cost" I wanted to make sure I did not have to return the car to John O'Groats or Portsmouth. So I sent an email to Santander consumer advice asking: "Dear Sir/ Madam In the terms of the above agreement under "Termination Your Rights" it states that once I have paid at least £5769.90 with all payments up to date, I can return the car with nothing further to pay. I am very close to repaying the above mentioned sum and I am seriously considering claiming this right but in the conditions under section 7 "Your Right to Terminate" it also states "I must return the car to you at my own expense". Under these terms where would I need to return the car to? Thank you in advance." I did not receive a reply but last night I received a call from a guy asking when it would be convenient to pick my car up, whan I got hame I received a letter from Santander, first line of the letter is "Thank you for your letter exercising your right to terminate the above agreement, I can confirm that this agreement is now terminated and the goods must be returned to us at once." My email clearly stated that I was seriously considering, what the hell do I do now???? I have not contacted santander yet as I think it prudent to ask the wonderful people on this forum :-) Any ideas guys???? Regards Coolbird

With the absolute greatest of respect, you've made the assumption that Santander can't have taken your enquiry as a serious request, but very clearly they have - the phone call and letter you received confirms this. What more proof do you need?

Phone them as soon as you can and get this cleared up. You can get all the advice you want from here, but you're still going to be in the same situation until the people at Santander know that they've made a mistake and are given the opportunity to put it right.