• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lucyec v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh Bugger!

No, seriously CONGRATS!!! I wish I could achieve something by phoning him, but I'm guessing he'll just give it the "well if our legal team is processing this one then I'll leave them to it..." line.

Mange Tout!!:D

BC:cool:

- My day will come............

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy,

if I don't, are you lending??

I guess I'm just fed up of waiting now. Wonder what will happen if my stuff gets 'lost' and Cobblers forget to meet me at Court on 6 Nov!!

Green On!

Lucy,

I guess so, let's hope my luck is in, although I don't want the sort of end game that BlueRuby had to endure. In and out sharpish-like, get it over and done with and walk off to bank my check, wonder which bank I'll pay it in to.....

Green On!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Fantastic news Lucy, and will hopefully make this week a bit better than the last couple you've had!!!

Enjoy spending it and well done xxxxxxxx

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

BC... lets hope it doesn't get that messy. Maybe you could give Cobblers a call and try and do some negotiating with them? Or are they a lot more hard-nosed than Mr T? I suppose once it gets officially 'legal' it makes it harder to strike a bargain, but you never know.

Thanks Stacey, I've calmed down a bit this morning. Trying not to get too excited until I actually have the money in my account... 'til then I'm still broke!

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~

Lucy,

I have tried to converse with MsB with no success, the only person who can actually say that she exists is Martin. LivelyLad & I seem to get no joy with either 'phone calls or emithers. I'm tempted to email a copy of my latest schedule and see what happens, Court date now only 3 weeks away!! Eek:o

Green On!

Well BC, if you're on a par with LivelyLad I expect you to be telling everyone some good news soon as he had a settlement for the full amount today!

Just got my letter through (well actually sent my OH to get it for me and fax it over because our postie is obviously not an early morning person!) And here it is:

Dear Ms

I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied with our earlier offer and as a consequence have reconsidered your claim.

As mentioned previously, we prefer to resolve matters with you direct and as an exceptional matter, have agreed to meet your claim of £5610.35 in full.

Payment is to be made on the basis of a full and final settlement of your complaint. It is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error. Also, our terms and conditions will continue to apply and any future charges, in the absence of a bank error, will stand.

If you are prepared to accept my offer on this basis, please sign and return the copy of this letter. On receipt of your signed acceptance, arrangements will be made for payment within 5 working days.

I look forward to hearing from you and enclose a prepaid envelope for your use.

Yours sincerely,

Tommy McLean

Customer Relations.

I accept the sum of £5610.35 in full and final settlement of my complaint. Please credit this to account number xxxxxxxx at xx-xx-xx.

It seems a bit more real now I've seen it in print, but I still won't be convinced until I see it in my account :rolleyes: ... can't wait to get rid of the 'DR' after my balance for the first time in about a million years!!

~

Guest willowb

I'm made up for you! :) I read your post in 'the responsiblity lies with us' (right?) and you've really been through it haven't you! You and your kid/s have a lovely Christmas....it'll be a lot less stessful hey!;)

Wxx

Thank you Willow :)

Yeah, I have a bit - I wish I knew then what I know now! If I could do something about Barclays I would, as they put a default on my credit report because of that. But its almost 6 years ago, so not really worth digging into.

And its just the one little girl - she'll be 5 on Valentine's day. Can't wait to spoil her rotten, hehe.

~

Guest willowb

Mine's 5 in January, the other's 2. How she liking school? Jasmine's loving it, although after a hard day's playing and learning, 5 days a week, she's goosed God love her!

Wxx

She couldn't wait to get there and learn to read because she loves her books, but it does tire her out a lot - we've had quite few screaming tantrums as a result. Combination of tired little girl and tired big girl (me) at the end of the day is not a good one let me tell you!!

~

Guest willowb

Yes, it's hard isn't it. They do change quite a bit at this age and the 'attitude' can drive you nuts!!! but I suppose they settle after a while.....I bloody hope so anyway:|. Funny, she's got two little boys fighting over her already! they were best of friends, now they're arch enemies!!!lol...ain't it cute:rolleyes:

Wxx

Thanks Clint :)

Yes, its that bl**dy attitude that gets me - like she's a teenager already with 'you can't tell me what to do' written all over her!! I hope she gets it out of her system now or I am not looking forward to when she actually is a teenager :eek: We too had a boyfriend discussion last night - she has one called Jonathon apparently. They're only 4 aren't they?!! Our little girls are growing up far too fast Willow :| hehe.

~

Hi Lucy,

Just wanted to say thanks for helping inspire me! I have my SAR ready to go in the post tonight - I like the idea of it arriving on friday 13th!! I was sitting thinking about this the other night and wondering what I'd do if they offered me a part settlement (spookily my car has also just been written off after a crash!) as financial situation is spiralling out of control and I wondered if I could include paying off my overdraft as a way of upping their settlement - then I found your thread!!! Well done girl and thanks!! :D Keep your fingers crossed for me. Off to start my own thread!

Suzanne

RBoS - claiming charges of £3868

17/1/07 - Offer for full amount!! WON!!

3/1/07 - LBA Deadline - reminder e-mail sent

16/12/06 - LBA Sent

27/11/06 - Prelim Letter Sent - no reply at all

17/11/06 - Statements received

12/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

Good luck Suzanne, glad to be of help.

I always had in the back of my mind that I'd settle as long as I could get rid of my overdraft. It was Susanne007 that inspired me to negotiate, as she was successful having done that before me.

If you need any more inspiration or you're ever having a bad day, just read all the threads of the 'winners'... always cheers me up :)

~

I'll go and read through Susanne007 as well then. Thanks! I estimate my claim to be about the same amount as yours although obviously it's only a wild guess but of course to go through the small claims in Scotland I'd have to split that into loads of small claims so a settlement would also be ideal in that aspect!

Well done again and all the very best! :wink: x

16/12/06 - LBA Sent

Lucy et al,

just spoken to Ms B, seems v stressed and has a cold. Took her a while to find my case and stated that she has had no further instructions from her client, I did feel like asking her whether it was the RBS or Nat West that she was referring to, but I bit my tongue. I am now constructing an emither to Big Tommy up North. A few home truths, he may not be able to do anything but I feel like it is worth a try.

Well done you again...

LoL

Green On!

Suzanne, Yep - otherwise it could drag on and on and on! Susanne007 is in Scotland too I think and her claim was £6.5k I believe.

BC - well at least you know she exists now! Be nice to our Tommy won't you, bless him. You can also be confident that you are doing all you can to reach an amicable settlement by exploring every avenue open to you. Its the waiting and nothing happening that is the killer isn't it.

~

Good luck Suzanne, glad to be of help.

I always had in the back of my mind that I'd settle as long as I could get rid of my overdraft. It was Susanne007 that inspired me to negotiate, as she was successful having done that before me.

If you need any more inspiration or you're ever having a bad day, just read all the threads of the 'winners'... always cheers me up :)

Hi Lucy

I am delighted for you, what a christmas you will have. My claim comes to nearly £9k with interest, but have split this into two claims, reading your thread has made me more determined to carry on :D Well Done again xxx

:grin: IT'S IN.... HURRAY!!!:grin:

The money is now officially in my bank account (after a bit of a cheeky e-mail to Mr T yesterday!) He's done in time for me to have a fabulous weekend :p

I think I can now officially be called a WINNER, hehe! :lol:

Donation on its way and a massive thank you to everyone on here :-D

~

Well done Lucy for sticking at it. Have a great weekend, you deserve it!! :lol:

16/12/06 - LBA Sent