Kensington

Traderx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have had a lot of previous help on here before and now really need you guys again :)

I took out a mortgage (foolishly) with Kensington in 2005 for 206,000 (self cert)

Due to the nature of my work i had a few late payments but stayed up to date until 2007 after a few missed payments and electrics cut off etc I moved out and rented the place out for £150 less than the mortgage was but as was back with parents I could cover it

with a few change of tenant etc arrears began to mount and then i suffered heart failure and had to go into hospital, during this time they agreed for 3 months a reduced payment of £50 although obviously forcing more arrears

they then a few months ago discovered that it was tenanted and have loaded the mortgage by £500 per month and backdated it, so i am now going into arrears by 500 per month

the amount outstanding now is apparently £228,000

at some point unbeknown to me they got a possesion order that i got suspended

they have now written to the tenants advising that they have applied in September for a warrant of possession

naturally my tenants are worried

I don't want to lose my property as other areas (work) are now beginning to improve and i wanted to move back there early next year

I have received no written communication from Kensington at my Mothers address only telephone calls.

they are also adding £50 per month for failing to meet payments

please advise

if you need further information please ask

I am terrible with paperwork and have virtually none :(

:mad: I was going to let them bankrupt me but now I am fighting!:evil:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We have a secured loan with Kensington. We got into quite a bit of arrears with them as I took some bad advice from a ppi firm who advised me not to pay whilst they were investigating. In the end we couldn't claim, but then had £14000 worth of arrears.

They eventually took us to court, and the judge said that we had to pay £500 a month which included paying arrears off.

I have since been off work due to illness since November (just this week gone back). I asked Kensington to see if we could pay £300 just for December and January just until I get back on my feet. I spoke to a lady in the litigation dept, who asked me to send bank statements, and hosp appt letters which I did.

Then the next day I rang back and got another woman, who was horrible, rude, unhelpful and spoke down to me. I was fuming. Have since sent a letter of complaint in. The other day I received a letter back from them, they are investigating it and have offered to help me with payments etc.

It does pay to complain. I find it better writing as you can go into great detail and explain yourself properly.

Although I certainly wouldn't recommend Kensington to anyone!!!. Our main mortgage on the other hand GE Money have been fantastic and would definately recommend them.

Just persevere, and if your not happy don't leave it and let them know how you feel. You always get some arrogant git on the other end, so sometimes it's better to write.

Hope you get it sorted

Karen