Decree against me not notified

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice. I have just received a letter from The registry Trust informing me that there is a decree against me at the local sheriff court. I did not receive any court paper and called the court to find out why. They told me that I was sent papers by recorded delivery and as there was nothing back to say that the delivery was not successful that they have acted properly. I checked the code that thy gave me on the Post Office track and trace which says that the post office have still to deliver the letter to me. As a result of this I have not had the opportunity to offer payment and my case has went down as undefended. I don't know where I stand with this can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Hope

can you get written proof of this? does it state this online?

you can recall the decree if so as bluedog says using this form

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff/small_claims/forms/Form20.doc

but as above can you defend this action or pay it in full within 28 days?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for responding:-)I spoke to CAB and they told me unless I could pay the debt in full ( which I can't) I have nothing to defend so the court would recall the original decree but I would get another only marked time to pay. Credit kn******* now so will just live with it. I have applied for a DAS so hopefully this should work for me just hoping that this creditor agrees fingers crossed.

• 2 months later...

You can get this recalled so far as not implemented no problem what so ever. The sheriff would then recall it and remove the registration against you setting a date for the hearing to commence again.

You can ask for it to be recalled if you can prove you did not recieve the summons and in this case the track and trace is saying that its still to be delivered. Put in a "minute for recall of decree" - the forms are at http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk

You will need to list the reason you are seeking recall (non reciept) and also your proposed defence to the original summons and turn up on the date specified by the court. This is all providing that you do actually have a good reason for not paying it i.e. the amount was in dispute etc etc

One thing I would ask you, have they executed it? i.e. have they sent the sheriff officer after the money or garnished your wages/ income?

If they havent then you could actually pay it off and then ask for it to be recalled (thats what I did) because I believe the time limit on a recall is 14 days after the date of execution of the decree. If it hasnt been executed then you should still be able to have it recalled.