• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

"Perfect" Home Nasty People

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where to start. Need to rant. Unfortunately have been a customer of perfect home for 4 years now. Victim of their harassment, their stalking nasty vindictive patronising ways. I absolutely despise them.

Today was the last straw. My dad has been really ill recently so I have been staying with him, my perfect home account hasn't exactly been at the top of my list of priorities.

Anyways, my dad passed away on Saturday, it's been a difficult week but I've been to work this morning as usual, this afternoon while cleaning upstairs and taking half an hour to "grieve" there was a number of hammers at my door, I really wasnt in the mood for "visitors" so carried on. Next minute this bailiff started screaming on my front "I know you're there (my name) answer the door, this drew a lot of attention from my neighbours he then started to shout my name saying "you have goods belonging to us that you haven't paid for, if you don't answer the door I'm phoning the police" I still ignored him, by this time my 6 year old daughter was terrified.

The bailiff then knocked on my next door neighbours house and asked her for access to my back garden whilst telling her my personal details that i owed money etc!!! I don't speak to my neighbour at all, he had no right discussing my business with her!!!

The bailiff looked through my window and saw my daughter and started shouting "I'm phoning the police you have left your daughter alone in the house" WTF!!! I could hear him telling my neighbours who were concerned by this point all about my business then he starts shouting "if you paid your bills I wouldn't be hear" he then got on the phone and was on the phone telling the police that my daughter was in the house on her own!!!!!!!

I got up and screamed at him, I was shaking and crying and he made that much of a show of him I had to let him in and was forced to pay all the £40 I owed on my account.

I was a crying shaking mess at this point. How ****in dare he show me up like that in my street, totally humiliate me, terrify my daughter. He knew I was alone, how vulnerable I am as a single parent. I am absolutely disgusted and want to know what my rights are if any? Daylight robbery. Horrible robbing bullying stalking b***ards!!!!! I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Why are they even allowed to trade is beyond me, it needs looking into. All for the sake of £40. Sorry for the rant. So upset and ****ed off it's unreal. Surely he can't do that!!!!

Edited by Sidewinder
Removed profanity - sorry

Fully understand the sentiments and I am sure that you will receive some help soon, but I have had to remove the profanity in the thread title I'm afraid.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Was this a proper bailiff or a DCA?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

You can certainly be excused the rant given what you have been through.

OK - you most certainly need to make sure that this is reported to Trading Standards, the OFT and to Temple Finance in the strongest possible terms. This behaviour is against just about every code of practice out there and is bordering on criminal. YOU should have called the Police this afternoon to report that you were alone in the house and that somebody was attempting to break in!

Apologies for not perhaps understanding the nature of their business, but does this HAVE to be a doorstep collection? Could you not withdraw any consent for them to call at your house and pay by another means?

DONATE HERE

You can certainly be excused the rant given what you have been through.

OK - you most certainly need to make sure that this is reported to Trading Standards, the OFT and to Temple Finance in the strongest possible terms. This behaviour is against just about every code of practice out there and is bordering on criminal. YOU should have called the Police this afternoon to report that you were alone in the house and that somebody was attempting to break in!

Apologies for not perhaps understanding the nature of their business, but does this HAVE to be a doorstep collection? Could you not withdraw any consent for them to call at your house and pay by another means?

DONATE HERE

Ah OK - sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake! Having read a little more then you certainly need to make a lot of noise about this and tell Perfect Home that you withdraw any implied permission for their agents to visit you at home, and that you have reported this person's behaviour to the authorities. Any future attendance will be deemed as harassment and trespass and will be dealt with in the appropriate manner including being reported to the Police.

DONATE HERE

Thank you :) and thank you so much for the quick reply. I told him that I would contact perfect home myself and pay it, he told me I couldn't, that it was out of their hands! And when I did give him my card he rang them himself using my card!!! When I screamed at him he sort of looked shocked and backed down a bit, he must be used to scared vulnerable girls, prob gets a power trip out of it! I am lay wide awake at this time it's angered me that much. Can't let this drop. I don't know how he hasn't been beaten up already if he likes to intimidate vulnerable women like that and scare them into paying. It was obvious he was purposely humiliating me into opening my door

Right, down to business.

Perfect homes are going to get some very very bad publicity out of this. Or should I say "Temple Finance" because that is who Perfect homes are.

Copyright © Temple Finance Limited trading as PerfectHome, The Lodge, Coleshill Manor, Coleshill, West Midlands B46 1DL, Registered in England 5671852

Copyright 2011 Temple Finance Ltd All Rights Reserved

First things to do is to send these clowns this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Send it either recorded post or obtain "Proof of posting" from the PO counter (which is free)

Remember this is your private property, not theirs, so any further trespassing and breach of the peace they feel they can commit should be met with a call to the Police to report this, a breach of the peace is a common law offence and should be dealt with robustly by the wooden tops.

Once you have sent them the above, lodge formal complaints with the OFT&TS by ringing http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

You can also follow this up with a formal written complaint to the above (ask for their addresses when you ring) and CC Perfect homes/temple finance in on it.

A complaint to your local MP should also be made using http://www.writetothem.com/

And drop an email to your local paper, and see if they will run a story and give these clowns some bad press.

These total imbeciles are NOT Bailiffs, NOR do they have ANY legal powers, knowledge or rights to have done what they have done. They are a tin pot two bit DCA, who has no more rights than I do to be running around your property hammering on your doors, scaring your daughter and demanding money from you.

What the hell he thought a Policeman would do if he called one is beyond me, a copper cannot force you to hand over money or allow them entry to your property? This fool is deluded? He obviously doesn't care for his employment because he won't last much longer, not with a criminal record!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do I have the right for them not to visit me?

YOU have MORE rights than he knows, learn them, use them and tell them to foxtrot oscar, if this eejitt turns up again ring the police.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks so so much for your reply. I'm definitely on to all this. Perfect home rang before, a woman from customer service and she just asked if I would accept their apology. But that was it, she couldn't explain his behaviour for anything else. I am actually ashamed to go out my front door. He knew for a fact I was in the house but continued to shout through my letterbox that he was phoning the police. Had a big audience by this point in my street. Perfect home are using the excuse that he didn't know about my dad but they haven't apologised about anything else

Hi Sarahlou - what a dreadful experience ! Do you know any of your neighbours well enought to ask them if they would make a statement about this man's behaviour outside your home?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi

what a disgraceful action of this THUG please also remember to inform the Information Commissioner of the breach of the Data Protection Act as he had absolutely no right telling your neighbours your own personal business between you and there company.

Think you really need to seek legal advice on this as personally i would be suing them for damages

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I honestly believe this falls way short of the ICO's remit, a defo case for Police action and as the Police will not lift a finger it will need to be a private prosecution.

The media side of things is a side issue, I would not let this rest until it had been aired on local, if not, national news or media, to highlight the unlawful unqualified goons that these disreputable companies seek to employ, purely because they know they can hire uneducated thugs on the minimum wage.

You r local MP is another foregone conclusion, a complaint MUST be made to their office, with strict instructions to bring this thuggery they have allowed to be enforced and used against their own constituents, into question and serious discussion.

The police are absolutely Cack at dealing with these issues. Harassment and trespass are a police matter, whereas a breach of contract is a civil matter.

However, when I phone the police, they told me as I owed PH money, the guy had every right to stand on my doorstep, swearing at me, shouting my business to all and sundry, and being very threatening (and waking my baby boy up)

In fact, the police actually tried to get me to let this guy into my house. They told me that if I didn't, the guy could get a court order, break into my house when I wasn't there, and that he could take what he liked (the WPC said that if this guy wanted, he could take my son's cot, pram and toys)

She belittled me in front of the guy from PH, lied to me about the law, and generally failed miserably at her job. I didn't leave the house for weeks as I was so afraid that this debt collector would break in.

I eventually made a complaint to the head of my local police force, who basically Sao she was speaking out of her arse, and then had her disciplined!

So if you do call the police to help, make sure you're armed with the correct information, because they probably aren't!

Just nipped on here on my phone, Thanks so much everyone for your replied, you've all been brilliant. I am going to take this as far as i can, the thing that worries me is whether the media would take me me seriously. I'm going to my neighbour tomorrow, I don't know anyone who was watching they were passing by. I don't speak to next door but want to ask her exactly what was said and ask for a statement. Mamamoo can I ask where abouts you are? I'm in st helens, wonder if it's the same *** head x

I'm in Birmingham, near to the PH head office. It's possible it's the same idiot as I think they're all based at the HO. Can you remember his name? I'll dig out my letters in a bit and see if I can find his name. In the emails I sent to PH, I believe I mostly referred to him as "that arrogant a**hole" :p

A defo case to have this clowns licence revoked then!

You just cannot go around abusing people like this, Jesus we treat animals better than we treat each other! That is fundamentally wrong..

The man I'm on about is Mike, big bald scouser who was so obviously bullied as a child!!!!

How funny is this though, the Perfect Home shop that harrass me and who this is all about, a big pipe has burst in their building, not only damaging other shops in the precinct and forcing my town to more or less close but completely destroying their shop and all their stock and because of the severity of the flood the building is unstable and could collapse. Don't you just absolutely bloody love karma??!!! I've still not had chance to contact anyone else as yet, been so busy with my daughters first day at school, work etc but will defo get round to it soon!! How good if all my details were lost haha x

Ha ha ha ha......what goes around comes around! You will be able to milk this each time they contact you, I would even answer the door in a snorkel and flippers, and film it to boot!