• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wonga.com haveing problems with there pratice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

firstly just want to say what a great site this is,this how the net should be used,helping.

im acting on my girlfreinds half,she is a bit stressed at the mo,and please forgive me for spelling and grammer(should have listened more to teachers,instead of wasteing my parents tax money skiveing),my girlfreind only told me all this after the crap hit the fan.

my girlfreind phoned a baillif firm for a amount that was outstanding,£100 after reciveing a letter from them,she told them she couldnt pay the full amount,but could pay some and pay some more later,they refused this and told her if she didnt pay with in 2 hours,that a baillif when in the local area will pay a visit.

i asked if she recived any court papers,she said she had,and explained she was in diffcult times with money,and offered to pay so much,so she sent a budget sheet to the courts of her income/outgoings,i asked if she sent it recorded del,she said no,but come after the bank hoilday she is going to ring the courts and see if they got it.

this is where she used wonga,panicing she borrwed £150 pounds to pay the baillifs,she did the loan through there site in march,she did the silly thing of missing a payment and recived a letter from them(i can hear it from you all sighing),she recived a letter from wonga saying about the missed payment and rang them,and arranged to pay them on the 12th of this month,and she told me she has missed this payment too (sorry just told me).

come payday for her and tax creditsbeing put into her account,we went to tescos to get the shopping,she checked her account and there was nothing in there,nearly £900 gone.

we went to the bank got a print out off her account,

£197 wonga

£90 wonga

£390 wonga

£130 fortis

not nice standing and haveing a lady crying in the street,rent,food etc needed plus two teenage kids,so come home and made some enquiries with wonga,and they admited they shouldnt have taken £390 and breached,we asked for it to be put back in the bank we was told could go back in but the lady had to e-mail the debt dep(yes we cancelled the cards)so we rang back and outlined that it takes them 15mins to put money in,and the man this time said it could go back in over the weekend or not at all.so we are going to cab for advice and following yours on this site.we rang the fraud team over the fortis payment and got that back.

ive done some research on fortis because of the payment going out of her account with out saying they could and never said any firm could expect wonga.com, errol damelin and fortis there is no obvious link,but do a search on google,results come up loads of seminars and awards of ceo from wonga and fortis group attending(got pdf booklets of them if you want them).fortis are part of rbs and a few firms, and fortis are in abit of grief.but im going look for some more buff on it,my feeling is fortis fronted capital and wonga cant payback.another strange thing is,put in the search engine fortis and wonga.com togeather,results come up with both,go into the site to read,and nothing is there(i think hackers are changeing the wording in the sites but cant get at google).and yes il be contacting oft about my girlfreinds account,because of the way money was taken out of her account with out warning(safe loans is the firm oft spanking).

so sorry for the long winded email,but hate seeing the vunerable being taken advantage off.

leon

hi every one,just a update today,i took my girlfriend to the cab today,and i cant belive the lady we spoke too has ever come across this sort off thing,where they help them selves to money out of your bank account,and charge what they please,today of all days she said a new computer system has been set up to link all the data they collect,and will be be all in one place instead off all over the place,i pointed out what i had done,and she is contacting cab in central london(main headquaters)and talk to them,i will be forwarding bits i got to oft,and curious to see what response what fla will say(i doubt very much)i did point out this super site to cab,and she has said she is going to look.but more to the point my hat is off to sillygirl etc,for brillant advice and a total credit to you,i know the fight is not over by far,but its on.

Hi leon and welcome to CAG. Sounds like your gf is lucky to have you. I'm going to move your thread to the PDL forum where you might get more help.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

First, cancel her bank cards, obtain new ones, a new account is best , if you speak to your bank , tell them CAB have adviced you to report the transactions as fraudulant, allow the transactions that cover the loan, report the others, they will resist, but keep at it and if you can, go straight through to the banks fraud dept. These guys know the score, and as long as you explain that wonga had no authority to keep trying (proof of contact discussing your difficulty in paying will do ) They will also do the chargeback if you have proof how much was owed in the firstplace and on what date they should be taking it. The underlings at the bank will try and divert you, bypass them, the fraud dept guys have had enough of these companies and are used to helping.

They may say talk to Wonga first, you can try, but if you tell the bank that wonga have refused to help, the bank should do it. sorry, bit of a ramble, early morning coffee kicked in .

Good luck, don't let them fob you off, it can be done, they don't like it, but stick at it n good luck