• Tweets

• Hi Guys, well a year on and my friend has just received this in the post today, obviously a little scared so looking for more of your advice.  Letter from the NCC dated 1-May-2024 is as follows.......   Before deputy district judge Haythorne sitting at the national business centre, 4th floor st Kathrine's house Northampton Upon reading an application from the claimant  it is ordered that  1. The claim be sent to the county court at #### (Friends local Court) Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.  A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.  If the application is one which requires a hearing, and a) the party making the application is the defendant: and b) the defendant as an individual, then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court.  In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.    As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) 
    • I am heading over to hers tomorrow so I will find out.  Will there be something written in the agreement or does it depend on the agreement its self ? Just so I know what to look for, so I can provide as much information as possible on here. 
    • The answer to this is going to depend on what the agreement your friend signed says. Or contact the housing provider and ask them.  
    • Thank you all for the responses, to answers a few questions  - she has had the car since Jan 23 on a 5 year term.  - She is unsure what the agreement is called, but at the end she has the option to make a payment to "buy" the car - she recieves benefits for her young children alongside the ssp (normally she would be on NLW for a 16 hr a week job)  - Yes she would like to keep the car  She has not responded to the last email from them asking her to call and it'll be followed up in an email. I told her to hold off until atleast Wednesday so I can read a few posts on here and get some more information.  I will ensure she follows up with a letter, that has not been signed but instead her name written.   Thank you  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bill of sale - urgent questions and answers please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A friend is really struggling with a car loan and cannot pay it. He should have paid three weeks ago but due to unemployment cannot afford to pay. Despite the fact the payment is only three weeks late, the finance firm advise they will seize the vehicle this week.

1) Is this a "Bill of Sale"

2) How do we check it is properly registered?

3) The "optional insurance" related to a warranty which may have been mis sold due to the amount of pressure applied at the time by the sales team. Should this optional insurance be part of the loan like this?

Any help greatfully received. Scan.jpg

Hi

My friend has a car on a deal with ACF Finance and is unable to repay the loan.

The Bill of Sale is dated third June 2008.

What date would it have to be registered at the court for the Bill of Sale to be enforceable? Also, I am led to understand it was registered on the 16th June - so is this too late? If so, how do I tell the court that the Bill was not registered in time?

Thank you

Sorry!

This is the update.

The car was not seized last week as it was agreed I could have a week to check the Bill of Sale.

I do not have the court copy of the Bill of Sale yet, but requested this last Thursday to the Royal Court - sent by guaranteed delivery.

I am advised though....

1) Date of Bill - 3rd June

2) Date of affidavit - 4th June

3) Court stamp - 11th June.

The finance firm were writing to my friend last week and were sending by recorded delivery but to date, nothing received.

Bottom line question then, and in summary, is the BoS void or valid?

Thanks

a bill of sale has to be registered within seven days of signing

now there has been an important decision in the high court reference bill of sale and log book loans

who has witnessed the bill of sale and who has signed the credit agreement

The legal term for this is called astestation

a person who signs the agreement cannot be party to the bill of sale

is it a fixed sum loan agreement or hp

The Bills of Sales Act was amended to allow a person from the company to witness the signaturelink3.gif on the agreements, but the witness CAN NOT sign the CA and the BS there has to be three people present. The borrower the rep of the lender that sins both the cred agreement and the witness who can be an employee

Hi

I have a third party authority to act on behalf of my friend and from my conversations with Cygnet, I believe this to be a fixed term thing rather than HP. I will ask them again though. If I re scan the document, how do I ensure the document remains at a readable size? It seemed to shrink before.

Edit - The Bill of Sale is dated 3rd June.

Bottom left - "Signed as a DEED by the said in the presence of (name of my friend)

Witnes signature

Witness name

Witness description

Witness adress

To the right - my friend's signature

Over the page, dated 5th June, is a handwritten note "This agreement is between (my friend's name) and Cygnet Financial Services Ltd.

Cygnet Financial Services I certify this to be a true copy of the original

Date 05 06 08

Signature

Finance Administrator

I cannot open the link above.

Edited by Fight the Pirates

Use photo bucket

if it is a fixed sum loan agreement then they cannot reposess as the security on the bill of sale is null and void

the goods belong to you out right

the only poss thing cygnet could do is apply to the court for a return of goods order

very unlikly

Hi

Sorry I may have provided some incorrect info.

The copy of the Bill of Sale is signed by my friend and the salesman - initials BC. The bill of sale is dated 3 June 2008.

On the back of this copy, is the hand written wording "This agreement is between (my friend's name) and Cygnet Financial Services Ltd.

Cygnet Financial Services I certify this to be a true copy of the original

Date 05 06 08

Signature

Finance Administrator

(This is a difference name to the samesman)

The credit agreement is signed by only my friend - there are no other signatures on it. This is the "customer copy" - dated 3rd June.

The credit agreement, marked as Cygnet Financial Services copy is signed by my friend and a person from Cygnet Financial Services, dated 5th June.

What is a photo bucket.

Edited by Fight the Pirates

The finance agreement must have a signature on behalf of the finance company after yours to execute the agreement

Just to recap. I have the customer copy of thecredit agreement here. It has my friend's signature as the debtor. This is an original - I can tell the signature is in "biro" and is not a photocopy. There is no "Signature on behalf of Cygnet Financial Services Ltd" - it is totally blank.

The customer copy of the BoS has my friend's signature and also the salesman's signature. The salesman name and signature is in the witness box.

I also have a copy the Cygnet Financial Services copy of the credit agreement. This shows my friend's signature dated 3 June 2008 (photocopy) and also the signature of Cygnet dated 5th June 2008.

It all seems very confusing to me, and I apologise if I did not make this clear enough.

In terms of the seven day rule, the BoS is dated 3 JUne 2008, the solicitor stamped and dated it on the 4th and the court stamp is the 11th June.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Cygnet claim the BoS is valid and as such sent a firm to seize the car - despite my written complaint to Cygnet stating the BoS was void. I have applied to the court now to void the BoS - the court staff verbally stated it was out of day. The Bos was made on the 3rd June and stamped on the 11th. We will keep you posted.

Hi i have the same issuses as Fight the Pirates with my agreement with the funding corporation. But i dont have a copy of the BOS and dont no if this is void at this point. Are they obliged to send me a copy if my partner asks for it ?

My partner signed a contract just like Fight the pirates copy in October 2009, and wish we had not been so hasty and signed for this extortionate finance!!

I just wish to no that if my BOS is void and there is not a signature under where my partner signed in reguards to The Funding Corporation can i legally stop making payments to them, and keep the car which after two years of £250 a month i have payed for outwright ?? If not what options do i have ?? A