• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

chipsandsausages v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankyou all for you kind messages.

Just to add, I haven't received formal notification from the Halifax that they are paying me back!!! I have got to phone them this afternoon, been too happy to do anything else except tell everyone the good news.

No letter or anything!!!

Maybe they're embarrassed.

Anyway - have made my donation to CAG - as without this website, I wouldn't have even considered asking for the money back. Need to complete the survey now.....

Good luck you guys - hope you're feeling happy soon....!!

xx

PS - You can follow my mum's thread - grannyapple v halifax!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - massive help needed!!!!!

The halifax have taken more than half of that money out of my account!!!!!

I have just got off the phone to them, they said it was "a mistake".

They say they have settled my first claim in full - 1887.09 - but I am at a loss to find where 1093 plus 251.09 makes 1887.09.

They insist they have.

Secondly - they haven't looked at my second claim.

I phoned Moneyclaim this morning and told them my claims had both been paid in full!!!!!!

Can I continue with my second claim without having to pay another court fee????

Oh please help!!!!! I feel sick!!!!!!

I don't like the idea of them accessing my account willy-nilly and moving money in and out without my prior agreement. Can I complain??

Sorry guys - been away few days. (In hospital)

Well, that claim for 1887.09 is now settled in full.

Second claim 305.15 nothing yet.......

They said "if I look at my balance before, and my balance now, it adds up to 1887.09" which it does. But only 2 credits appeared. One for 1093 and one for 251!!! Doesn't add up, but my balance is right.

Thanks for ALL your wishes - I really feel like I've made lots of friends. It'll be sad to lose contact with some of you!!!!

xxx

Hi guys,

Been away for a few days......

I don't really understand how the figures added up either. But it WAS right. I will wait for my statements to arrive (any day now) and check again.

They have also settled my second claim for £305.15 this weekend. So all is well now.

My Mr. is chasing up Natwest - I have got everyone in work on this website now. It's unbelievable that the banks are STILL charging - even though they are paying other customers out!!!

Anyway, we are straight, financially, now. No debts, so we can actually start to enjoy ourselves a bit now. God knows, we deserve it!

The only thing left to do is arrange a new Direct Debit for my council tax - as the council took me off DD payment due to it being bounced twice in 2 months!!!

I'll keep popping back to make sure you're all ok.

Best of luck with your claims!!!

xxxxx

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for those of you who were kind enough to follow my thread........

I need to update you.

All money was refunded.

I drew it out.

A week later, they slapped the usual £28 charge at end of May for being over in April. I wrote and they ignored me.

Just as I was about to send my LBA, a letter popped through my letterbox.

It said (roughly) that because the charge was incurred during the time the court claim was running, they will refund it. HOWEVER, there is a further charge due to come out at the end of June - which they will NOT refund and "because my account has not been managed satisfactorily" they are taking steps to close my account.

That charge was incurred because I was overdrawn in May, BEFORE they refunded my charges.

I HAVE NOT exceeded my agreed overdraft limit again! (I may have gone a few quid o/d when a small bill was paid, but other than that - my CHB still goes in every 4 weeks!

I know I can report them for this. As far as I am concerned, just because I withdrew all the funds - doesn't mean I'm not managing the account satisfactorily. Anyway, it's MY ACCOUNT! I'll manage it any way I pretty well damn like!!!!!

I'M NOT BOTHERED IF THEY CLOSE THE A/C NOW, BUT I DO WANT TO TAKE MY COMPLAINT FURTHER.

Please help........

xxx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks