Received letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors

goonboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, firstly i am going to apologise for the following post, as i dont really have any law know how, im a total beginner.

Basically, i had a credit card with HSBC in 2005/2006. I went over the overdraft limit (£3200) and couldnt keep up with the repayments. They then passed the debt onto Fredrickson, and again couldnt keep up with payments. According to my report on experian, it defaulted on 14/06/2007.

Over the next few years, i didnt really hear much from them. the odd letter here and there. Then they passed the debt to Phoenix Recoveries Limited. Again, i hardly heard from them.

Then, out of the blue, i received a letter last month (mid-June) from a Bryan Carter demanding full payment for their "client" Phoenix Recoveries. After reading online about them, i decided to wait it out and see what their next step was.

This morning i received another letter from them...

Dear Mr .....

As you have failed to make repayments on the above account we have now issued litigation proceedings in the county court. You will recieve the claim form in the next 48 hours direct from the Court.

You can telephone 0843 3133128 to discuss this matter.

If judgment is entered against you and remains unsatisfied it will remain on the judgment register for six years and you may have difficulties obtaining further credit.

Im not sure what my next step should be here.

One note of interest is, according to experian, when the debt was defaulted, i owed £3354. According to this letter i got today, the balance is £3658.80?

please can anyone help? thank you

A little confused here you say it's a credit card account and mention an overdraft limit,

the two have different regulation, please gives us some more information.

1, When was the last payment made to the account.

2, When was the last acknowledgement in writing made by you.

3, When did you last check your credit files?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I Yes, sorry about that i got a little confused for a sec between overdraft and credit card limit lol. The limit was £3200.

1. cant remember the last payment but it has been a few years...around 2007

2. I havent made any ackowledgments in writing to them

3. I checked my credit on experian, yesterday.

OK check the other 2 CRA's call credit and Equifax on the free trial to be sure.

All you need to do is a minimal defence that you don't have sufficient information to construct

a defence, and SAR the OC

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 month later...
OK check the other 2 CRA's call credit and Equifax on the free trial to be sure.

All you need to do is a minimal defence that you don't have sufficient information to construct

a defence, and SAR the OC

Hi there,

Just wondering what "SAR the OC" means? Im trying to learn fast :)

Hi ims, I've had all day to spare for a change

but spent most of tying down the garden furniture

and a large gas BBQ against one hell of a gale.:madgrin: