jacobs increasing payment

karenscollie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have been paying of a debt of my council tax with jacobs for about 2 months now at £20 per week which they aggreed as i couldnt afford the £50 per week they saifd i had to pay at the beginning, i have paid them every week with out fail.

I have recieved this morning a letter from them saying they cannot accept the payment of £20 anymore and to phone them with a view to raising the amount to stop and action commencing ...i have phoned them and they say i have to pay £50 every week they said my balance is £812...i said that i couldnt afford it and i said is it true that if you dont get the payment you hand the debt back to the council ? he said yes they hand it back for civil court preceedings or something like that...what can i do? i could afford to go to £30 per week but is there anyway i can get them to accept it or am i wasting my time..i dont mind paying them an amount that i can afford but whats the point of them telling you an amount that you cant afford its like they want you to be behind in payments...by the way they had a breakdown of my outgoings 2 months ago surely they must have that on file?

karen xx

Cheeky beggers!!! You are paying a fair amount per month already and the leaches want more!! I would avoid corresponding with them by phone. Put everything in writing to them from now on. Send them your budget plan again. If nothing has changed since you sent them the last one I can't see how they can ask for more from you if you don't have the income to spare.

I would also suggest you ask them for a breakdown of the costs they have added to the account since they received it, to ensure that they haven't overdone it on their charges.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Your Reference

I understand XXX Council has appointed you to recover my Council Tax Liability arrears for 200x which are £xxxx.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am aware of my rights and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods and I also know the fees allowed under statue and when which fees can be applied.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay this in one payment. I advocate a payment schedule of 24 months with 23 months payments at £xx.xx and the balance of £xx.xx to be paid on the 24th month to cover the principle. I understand this may seem a long time but this is a realistic offer that is affordable to me and will allow me to pay future bills issued for Council Tax without them falling into arrears. A greater amount would cause me real and factual hardship.

I am able to pay the above amount on the xx of each month, as an act of good faith I have enclosed the first payment chq number xxxxxx. Please advise how you would like future payments made. My personal preference is payment by Standing Order.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for a fair payment period considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside each month until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Inaddtion please forward a statement of account to myself within 5 working days. Please ensure that the statement is itemised ands shows clearly payments made by me and the charges applied by yourself.

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filed with my account for further reference.

I hope the above meets your approval and I look forward to your timely reply by letter.

Yours faithfully,

Change this for youself.

Also have a read of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/31062-baliff-help-please.html#post242977