Debenhams Store Card PPI ***Urgent Help Required*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kate

Can you remember if the dj summed up the judgment, or were you in a bit of a daze at the end of it?

Really depends on whether he found in totality for them and whether costs were ordered.

Whilst its not a nice result for anybody to have to put up with, if it was judgment in the original sum of circa 1k only and you can agree schedule of repayment, you have to ask yourself if you want to go through this all over again with an appeal.

Gez

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kate

Focus on the positives [or it'll do your nut in], you made the turds wait an extra year on the account and no costs awarded beyond filing/hearing fee........... bet its cheaper than the interest :-)

Have a few days to think about what you want to do with this, you can appeal by right but you need a strong case and you risk costs if you go after them again and fail.

Your decision but you'll get plenty of support on here whatever you decide.

Gez

Hi Kate

As far as I'm aware any argument would fall within part 52, and its pretty much up to the court to interpret the rules as to whether a new position could be pleaded.

Having said that, if you've already raised the argument then supporting evidence should be allowed. Try to build a case and weigh up the pros and cons before proceeding. Personally I'd lick my wounds and put it down to experience [it's a small loss in the big scheme of things] but it's entirely your decision.

Did the dj mention if the case was reserved on appeal?

Gez