hopefully help on working out multiple consolidation loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I'm posting this away from my main thread as I feel it may be beneficial to others.

Reading through the pdf's on the FOS website shows plenty of examples but none exactly like mine.

I had taken Loan 1 out then 11 months later consolidated it into Loan 2, simple so far!

After 55 payments, with 5 payments left, I consolidated Loan 2 into Loan 3. This is where it gets a little confusing!

The FOS didn't show any examples of multiple consolidations so at first I worked out my SOC wrong.

After a bit of thinking I realised Loan 3 STILL has residual PPI from Loan 1, in my case it was 1.28 % of my Monthly Payments BEFORE PPI.

To work out the residual PPI from Loan 1 on Loan 3 I followed the FOS example of working out residual PPI (EXAMPLE 8 in the FSA PPI booklet) BUT applied it to the LOAN part of Loan 2's settlement figure.

I've included a link to my revised SOC as it probably explains it better than me!!! :-D

http://cid-be0857c5dcb445dd.office.live.com/view.aspx/CAG/SOC%20MULTIPLE%20CONSOLIDATED%20LOANS.xls