• Tweets

• I agree with BN. Do you have anyone to help you like the CAB or welfare rights at the council or a charity? It seems a shame to miss out on money if you're entitled to it.    HB
    • Hi all   I have a court date for speeding and FtF. Court is 140 miles from my home. I have written to the Clerk of the court for transfer to my local court. I haven’t heard back yet after 10 days. Just want to find out if such request can be granted.   Also, I have been asked to go and work abroad for 3 weeks. I finish the posting 3 days after my original court date. Can I ask for adjournment or do I have to reject my job posting?   Every input greatly appreciated.   Thanks all.
    • Hi, I received this reply today to my dated, signed SAR. I also sent a PDF of the SAR to the people manager via e-mail using the internal e-mail system, and it's been acknowledged so they know it's from me. They are clearly messing me around.    "Dear ****   RE: Subject Access Request   Thank you for your letter dated 15 May 2019, regarding your request for data, which we received on 20 May 2019.    As you will be aware the timescale to process GDPR (Data Protection Act 2018) Subject Access Requests is one calendar month from the day after which we receive a request. Any personal data that we may hold on you will be sent to you within the permitted time frame. However, to note that before we release any data that we may hold we will need to confirm your identity to ensure that you are entitled to receive the data.    If you have any further questions or comments relating to this matter, please contact us on *email address*.    Yours sincerely,  *scanned signature* Name People manager Organisation    
    • Thanks for updating, you should take some further advice on this, Its stressful but a large amount of income fr you is at stake.
    • No I haven't, I'll get on that.   Is there a templated letter? ANything specific for example I should be saying beyond the IRL and it's been over 8 weeks?   Cheers.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
skeetoids

Skeetoids V's RBS - Going to court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks :D ,

My story so far:

8th June 2006 - letter to RBS for bank statements

17th June 2006 - statements received on 17th June 2006 - no covering letter

19th June 2006 - letter to RBS requesting refund of bank charges

3rd July 2006 - letter to RBS re ' letter before action'

13th July 2006 - standard letter from RBS - 'our charges are fair' etc.

18th July 2006 - file small claim with Edinburgh Sheriff Court

12th September 2006 - prelimenary hearing date - RBS must respond on or before this date

14th September 2006 :mad::confused: - letter from RBS solicitors and Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Solicitor submits an 'incidental application' on behalf of the Defender (RBS) to allow the attached Notice of Intention to Defend to be lodged late. Letter from Sheriff Court informs me I must attend court on the hearing date of Tuesday 19th September 2006 @ 9:45am.

So, it seems that RBS (now known as edit B******S of Scotland) are attempting to defend my claim:-x . Well, on Tuesday 19th September I intend to request that the Sheriff dismisses any request from RBS to delay there response and that they have had long enough to cough up my cash. Not to mention there late, and frankly poor response, makes not only a mockery of the Scottish justice system but has now p****d me off to the max!!!:-x

If anyone has had a similar experience I'd appreciate any advice you can provide. I'll up date this post after i've been to court and let you know the outcome. Hopefully, i'll get my cash back???Then i'll be laughing my way to another bank.:lol:

EDITED due to libelous wording.

I will be watching closely to your thread, im sure others will help you also. You may want to PM a MOD for more help but my bet is that they pay up Monday morning for you as i cannot see this going to court if you have followed everything correctly. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in red)

My story so far:

12th September 2006 - prelimenary hearing date - RBS must respond on or before this date

14th September 2006 :evil::confused: - letter from RBS solicitors and Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Solicitor submits an 'incidental application' on behalf of the Defender (RBS) to allow the attached Notice of Intention to Defend to be lodged late. Letter from Sheriff Court informs me I must attend court on the hearing date of Tuesday 19th September 2006 @ 9:45am.

18th September 2006 :D - phone call from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!:)

Brilliant stuff mate. I'm at the very beginning of the process and my main worry is it actually going to court.

Stories such as yours really help settle the nerves.

Well done my friend :D

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes:

Nice One :D

Currently Reclaiming PPI

Santander (Evans Store Card)

MBNA (A&L Credit Card)

RBS (Natwest Loan) Settled

Bank Charges Reclaimed

RBS Bank Acc £1750 Settle In Full 16/10/2006

RBS Credit Card £132 18/09/2006

Bankrupt May 2009

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Well done!!! My return date is 11/10 so hopefully I'll get the same response as you!

Fiona

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in green)

My story so far:

14th September 2006 :evil::confused: - letter from RBS solicitors and Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Solicitor submits an 'incidental application' on behalf of the Defender (RBS) to allow the attached Notice of Intention to Defend to be lodged late. Letter from Sheriff Court informs me I must attend court on the hearing date of Tuesday 19th September 2006 @ 9:45am.

18th September 2006 :grin: - phone call from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!:-)

18th September 2006 - received e-mail from RBS confirming full claim amount plus court costs will be credited to my account tomorrow morning. Also, they are instructing their solicitor to request an extension on the court hearing date by 1 week until i'm satisfied I have recieved all the cash!!! Update soon!

Hi Folks :grin: , (updates in blue)

My story so far:

18th September 2006 :grin: - phone call from RBS. Will settle claim in full, including expenses, today! Furthermore, as I could only afford to raise a small claim I told the bank I also had approx. £1,000 left to claim. I need to send them a full schedule of the charges and it's looks like they will be refunding the lot!!! Woo-hoo!!! More up dates to follow!:-)

18th September 2006 - received e-mail from RBS confirming full claim amount plus court costs will be credited to my account tomorrow morning. Also, they are instructing their solicitor to request an extension on the court hearing date by 1 week until i'm satisfied I have recieved all the cash!!! Update soon!

19th September 2006 - RBS settled small claim in full - £739 paid directly to account this AM. List of outstanding charges sent direct to RBS solicitor for consideration. Hopefully, full and final settlement!!! Update soon!

Hi there

Similar success!! Bank offering to settle claim of £739.04 +expenses. I now have to hit them with full amount from both accounts totalling £13,000 - watch this space!!

Fiona