eviction 6th june

dee- dee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have recieved an eviction notice for 6th june , ive spoken to my mortgage lender and made an offer of what i can now afford but they will only accept the default amount of £1288.72 to stop the eviction .

i really dont know what to do ,i would be really grateful for any help please

Hi there, you need to enter the N244 at court asap in order to get a hearing in front of a judge to stop eviction. I can help you with this if and will need a little more information. As soon as you can get back here we can get started.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, just need some background to the case - i.e. what was the reason for the arrears?

When was the suspended possession granted ? (did you attend the hearing)

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Do you have any children?

Did you write to the lender with your offer of payment?

You will need to send in a budget sheet with the N244 so the judge can see how you are going to afford to pay the arrears. I have affixed the one we normally use - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. The amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for.

I can also help you with completing the N244 form (copy affixed) and draft a statement which needs to go in Q.10.

Budget Sheet.xls

n244_0400[1].pdf

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

sorry only just been able to get back on , arrears due to reduction in hours and ill health over past couple of years , suspended possession order granted april 2010 and yes i attended , i became unemployed october 2010 , paid what was arranged till december 2010, mortgage is in just my name , i have no children , i rang lender and made an offer but they said that i needed clear my default payment before they could accept it , i cannot open n244 says file is damaged ,

thanks

Who is the lender?

Have you done the budget sheet yet? how much can you afford to pay each month towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment.

hi ell-enn , thanks for the help , the lender is chelsea building society, i havent got a printer so i couldnt print the one you sent , have done my budget and can afford £40 a month to my arrears ,thanks

Hi, could you go to the library and get on internet to print off the form and budget sheet? You will need the N244 form and budget sheet to hand in to court and also a photocopy of it all for yourself.

Hi, OK, affixed is another copy of the N244 - I'll give you the instructions for completing it once you have confirmed you can open it. I can also write a statement for you to go with Q.10 of the form which is the part where you need to state your case.

Best to print off two copies at the library in case you make a mistake on one when filling it in.

If at all possible you should take the forms along to the court this afternoon so you can get a hearing next week. There is a fee of £40 to pay when you take the forms in. If you are o benefits or low income you may qualify for fee remission.

n244_e.pdf

OK, affixed is the statement to go with the form - you need to enter the details at the top where there are XXX's (remove the XXX's) the info will be on the eviction notice. Print off and sign.

These are the instructions for filling in the form:

1.Name

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except The Applicant Believes

11 Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

On the budget sheet – write the Claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner.

Now staple together the following

N244 - signed

Statement - signed

Budget Sheet Appendix 1

This is the pack you take to court. Make sure you have a copy of it all for yourself to take along to the hearing.

When you take it in to court they will give you a date and time for the hearing.

I will be on line for most of the morning if you need any further info, but I will not be able to log on this afternoon.

Deedee N244 Statement.doc

hi ell-enn, ive got a court hearing on friday at 10 am only 5 mins has been allowed for the hearing and they gave me papers back with a letter for notice of hearing of application , is this normal ?

thanks

Hi, yes that sounds right. Did you manage to get everything printed off OK? did you print a copy for yourself?