• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Capstone warrant for Evicton Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, the statement is on my pc at home so I'll attach that when I get back from work.

I'll also affix the N244 form and give you the instructions for completing it.

There will be a £35.00 fee to pay when you take it to the court - take the eviction warrant with you.

back later

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Scottt, affixed is the N244 form and the instructions for filling it in are below. I have done the statement for Q.10 and will affix to the next post with the instructions for that.

1. Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except We Believe

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

n244_0400.pdf

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Statement for Q.10 affixed. You will need to enter the info in the boxes at the top - the details will be on the eviction notice. (Remember to remove the XXX's). There are also XXX's in the first and second bullet points where you need to put the name.

On the budget sheet - write the claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner. Do the same on the proof of payment of £450 except it will be Appendix 2 and the statement showing charges & FOS letter will be Appendix 3.

Assemble as follows:

N244 form - signed

Statement for Q.10 - signed

Budget sheet - Appendix 1

Proof of payment - Appendix 2

Charges statement & FOS letter - Appendix 3

This forms your defence pack.

Staple securely together before handing into court. Photocopy the N244 and Statement for Q.10 together with your other copies of the Appendices - this will be your copy to take to the hearing with you to refer to.

You need to get it to the court tomorrow to make sure you get a hearing before the eviction date.

Any questions, just shout :)

Scottt N244 statement.doc

Ell-enn, thanks for your really fast response the other day and the work you have put in over the last couple of days. Ill be taking the pack to the court on friday morning after work. I will post details of the date when i get it.

Thanks again.

scottt

You're welcome Scottt, I'm sure it will go ok for you :)

Hi Ell-enn,

just got back from the court and the hearing is on tue 23rd feb. After looking at my statements and speaking to capstone i only have £1000 arrears so i have changed the witness statment to circa £1000, i hope this was the right thing to do. £4000 in charges can you believe it. They have been adding £115.00 managment fees every month even when i have maintained an agreement.

They have called me again today to see if i will increase my £1350 offer to stop eviction.

Not going to do anything now until after tue. If the hearing does not go my way then i will have to raise all the funds i can.

Ell-enn thanks again for your help, you have been great!!!!!

regards

scottt

Hi Scottt, if I were you I'd pay the two payments you promised on your statement on 23rd before you go to court and print off the receipt to take with you to show the judge - it will help your case enormously !

Hi Ell-enn, @ 9.01 am on the 23rd i will take great pleasure in ringing capstone and paying the £900 as promised. This will take me £100 in front on what my agreement currently says i should pay and will make me feel a lot better about going to court. My internet banking updates in real time so i will print of and take with me.

Will capstone have someone at the hearing? How should i address the judge when speaking to him / her?

Thanks

scottt

Hi Scott,

You should arrive at the court in plenty of time. If there are any free legal representatives there, approach them and ask for their advice. They can accompany you into the hearing if you wish. Sometimes the representative for the other side will ask to speak to you, it is up to you whether you do or not. If you do, and you feel intimidated at any time, just end the conversation by saying you would rather wait for the judge to decide.

The hearing will take place in a private room with just the judge, you and a representative from the other side. It is usually conducted around a table, like a meeting. The public are not admitted. The judge will know that you are nervous and they are usually very good at guiding you through the process. If you have to address the judge it should be Sir or Madam – and don't interrupt them when they are speaking!. As this is your application the judge will speak to you first - when he has finished speaking - just say "Sir/Madam - may I show you proof of payment made this morning and hand over a copy of the bank statement.

He/She will then consider your N244 and give his decision - you will get this suspended no problem :)

The whole procedure should take no more than 5 or 10 minutes and you will be outside on the pavement with a huge weight lifted off your shoulders :)

Ell

Hi Scott,

You should arrive at the court in plenty of time. If there are any free legal representatives there, approach them and ask for their advice. They can accompany you into the hearing if you wish. Sometimes the representative for the other side will ask to speak to you, it is up to you whether you do or not. If you do, and you feel intimidated at any time, just end the conversation by saying you would rather wait for the judge to decide.

The hearing will take place in a private room with just the judge, you and a representative from the other side. It is usually conducted around a table, like a meeting. The public are not admitted. The judge will know that you are nervous and they are usually very good at guiding you through the process. If you have to address the judge it should be Sir or Madam – and don't interrupt them when they are speaking!. As this is your application the judge will speak to you first - when he has finished speaking - just say "Sir/Madam - may I show you proof of payment made this morning and hand over a copy of the bank statement.

He/She will then consider your N244 and give his decision - you will get this suspended no problem :)

The whole procedure should take no more than 5 or 10 minutes and you will be outside on the pavement with a huge weight lifted off your shoulders :)

Ell

Listen to Ell she is great and just got me through Hell and back you will be fine just do what Ell says and let us know how you get on X

Hi, Just got back from the court. When i got there the solicitor from capstone asked me into a private room and discussed my account. He was really fishing for info and things that he could use in the hearing. I really did not say to much and we shortly went into the hearing.

We sat at the table and the judge was really nice and said that she had spent in her words " a great deal of time reading my defence pack ".

She asked the solicitor for a update on my account and he said that i had missed payments that i had made and that capstone oppose to canceling the eviction. She said that this information was not correct has she can see on the statements that the payments had been made and that in her opinon the level of charges were extreme.

I also stated that i had paid in the last ten days £1350 and that capstone wan't more to cancel eviction. This was the last thing to be said by me or the local solicitor has the judge cancelled the eviction and said that it was based not on facts and wished me good luck with my fos complaint.

I would have liked to have said more so that the judge could hear what capstone are like but she had allready made her mind up so its all good.

All i need to do now is make a donation to the site and send Ell-enn a huge thank you. I could not have done this without your help and tonight i will have the best nights sleep in ages.

Ell-enn i know you cant give out personal information but i would be very gratefull if you could give me the address of a florist that you drive past on the way home from work as me and my wife and kids would like to have some flowers in there for you to pick up has a big thank you.

Thanks again

Scott

Hi Scottt - I'm so pleased for you - well done for being so brave:)

No need to spend money on flowers - your success in court is all the thanks I need - use the money to treat your family to a bite to eat somewhere and relax in the knowledge that your home is safe :)

Please keep us updated on how your FOS complaint progresses.

Ellx