Overdraft fees now with Debt Collection Agency Help Please

l.boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just looking for a little advice.

I have several debts that i have managed to deal with by way of payment plans that are now in place but I have neglected a second bank account that I have and the overdraft fees have gone crazy and have now been passed to a debt collection agency. The amount accrued is nearly £700 as a result of £5 per day charges for unauthorised overdraft fees. The other account i have with the bank (HBOS) is where my sole income (benefits only) has never been touched apart from a £65 Direct Debit to the account thats overdrawn that was set up to try and reduce the account of fees. Despite this the amount has gone to a DCA and i cant bring myself to answer the phone when they call and i'm now recieving several texts per day from the company also.

I would be very grateful if someone could shine some light on whether or not i am able to ask the bank to write off these charges as I'm single and on nothing but benefits with two children one of whom is disabled. Or whether it has gone too far now that I must now arrange to pay via the DCA.

I'm not sure why i fall to pieces when it comes to my 'real' bank as I've sorted council tax repayments etc, i'm probably just scared they will shut my account and i'll be left pennyless!

I live in Scotland incase that would affect any advice people are giving.

Please Help!

well i think your issues are wider than just o/d fees with DCA's

however..

firstly

DON'T speak to DCA's EVER on the phone .. fullstop!

they have NO legal rights to do anything to you

do everything in writing only

now you mention benefits

i hope these have not been taken to pay fees if they have use the notice of appropriation to get them back if poss.

i'd recommend you read sequenci's excellent blog in my sig.

and i doubt the HBOS will go anywhere near a court room IF it ever went that far anyhow.

as for DCA's - they cant even doorstep in scotland so's theres an extra bit of help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...