Redundancy consultation help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my post is at risk, has been since feb and next week is my first consultation mtg, now I'm the only one in the department that's at risk and I think it's wrong! I have a steady flow of work coming in, but I'm told that when I'm gone they will distribute my workload to others in the department (I'm a sec/admin Assistant). We have 2 recruitment assistants but as we can't afford to recruit and won't be recruiting steadily for a long time, I can't understand why one of these posts isn't made redundant instead. At the moment they have not much work to do and come into ask me for things to do!!! I did raise this with my mgr who said that the reason the recruitment posts were not at risk is because that soon there will be some work coming their way, I said that I assume that anyone in the dept can do this work to which she replied well yes and shrugged!!! I just can't seem to understand why they are making my post redundant when I have plenty to do, but the recruitment roles are diminishing?!?! Please can I have some advice?!?!

Hi Kerrie and sorry that this didn't receive a more speedy response.

Basically, your consultation should be an opportunity to ask, and receive answers, to all of these questions. The purpose of a consultation is to explore all possible avenues in order to keep you in work, so you may ask as many direct questions as you like - most commonly 'Why?'

You should not be afraid to ask why others are not in the pool for redundancy, and why if more work is likely to be coming soon, that you seem not to be considered worthy of keeping on to help with it. The fact that your work may be shared around is a potentially fair reason for redundancy, so there isn't much mileage in that argument I'm afraid, but where you should focus is on similarities between your role and that of other staff in order to question whether the selection is 'fair'

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!