style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I today recieved 4 letters from Marstons high court enforcement rubbish about 4 parking fines based on a vehicle i sold last february. The letters state the following:

26/02/10 fine: £80 / Fees: £72.58 and vat total £166.82

17/03/10 fine: £80 / fees: £290.30 and vat total £428.08

25/02/10 fine: £110 / fees £319.18 and vat total £492.74

28/0210 fine: £110 / fees £319.18 and vat total £492.74

These are all for a vehicle i sold early february however i used a post office form instead of V5 as lost. Therefore i got a letter when it was re-registered staing that i need to pay a fine which i promptly did. Never got a letter stating change of ownership however as i got the fine i assumed it had gone through and that was end of it.

Year on i get these letters and after speaking to Marstons who were very rude basically saying they will force entry and TAKE my goods to cover it.

Spoke to DVLA who also said because i dont have the re-registering document i cant do anything although they confirmed i am not the owner. They would not help me any further and after repeating myself like a parrot a thousand times they ended up hanging up on me.

I need to know what to do next. Marstons are claiming they will force entry whether i am here or not and take my possessions for fines which are not even mine.

The letter says they have a WARRANT OF EXECUTION from northampton council. Also the fines were done in the isle of wight when i live in dorset and have never been to the isle of wight in my life.

If i cannot prove that the vehicle is someone else then i will pay the fine but there is no way im paying these charges when i have only just been informed of this (been living here for a year) they have been sending the original letters to my old address apparently and that i should have informed them of my address change... why would i ring a random bailiff company to let them know of my address change incase some fines might come through in the future

Help!

Hi,

I today recieved 4 letters from Marstons high court enforcement rubbish about 4 parking fines based on a vehicle i sold last february. The letters state the following:

26/02/10 fine: £80 / Fees: £72.58 and vat total £166.82

17/03/10 fine: £80 / fees: £290.30 and vat total £428.08

25/02/10 fine: £110 / fees £319.18 and vat total £492.74

28/0210 fine: £110 / fees £319.18 and vat total £492.74

These are all for a vehicle i sold early february however i used a post office form instead of V5 as lost. Therefore i got a letter when it was re-registered staing that i need to pay a fine which i promptly did. Never got a letter stating change of ownership however as i got the fine i assumed it had gone through and that was end of it.

Year on i get these letters and after speaking to Marstons who were very rude basically saying they will force entry and TAKE my goods to cover it.

Spoke to DVLA who also said because i dont have the re-registering document i cant do anything although they confirmed i am not the owner. They would not help me any further and after repeating myself like a parrot a thousand times they ended up hanging up on me.

I need to know what to do next. Marstons are claiming they will force entry whether i am here or not and take my possessions for fines which are not even mine.

The letter says they have a WARRANT OF EXECUTION from northampton council. Also the fines were done in the isle of wight when i live in dorset and have never been to the isle of wight in my life.

If i cannot prove that the vehicle is someone else then i will pay the fine but there is no way im paying these charges when i have only just been informed of this (been living here for a year) they have been sending the original letters to my old address apparently and that i should have informed them of my address change... why would i ring a random bailiff company to let them know of my address change incase some fines might come through in the future

Help!

From the charges imposed and that fact that they (apparently) have warrants from Northampton it is clear that these are 4 individual parking tickets issued by the Isle of Wight Council.

It would also appear that correspondence for the 4 tickets had been sent to a PREVIOUS address. Therefore, you can apply to the Traffic Enforcement Centre to file 4 Out of Time Applications.

Before doing so, you will need to find the PCN numbers. These MIGHT be on the correspondence from Marston Group and will consist of two letters starting with IW followed by 8 numbers. Otherwise you can call the parking office at Isle of Wight council for details and you will need to provide the vehicle registration number.

Once you have more details, please post back.

Make a sworn statement saying you did not own the vehicle on the date of the fines and send it to Marstons and get a certificate of posting from the post office. DO NOT use recorded delivery.

If the bailiff ignores the statement and continues to make threats then contact police and make a complaint under Section 1 and 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and get a police incident number.

If the bailiff admits the vehicle is not yours then capture that admission on tape, use your mobile but NEVER open the door to the bailiff Keep the chain on then call police 999 under Section 2 of the Act.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

A combination of tomtubby ansdfork-it's advice may be the best plan, TEC declaration to roll fines back to pre enforcement, and then provide evidence you had sold the vehicle prior to the tickets, and also do the Statutory declaration and send to Bailiffs and TEC.

If bailiffs continue follow fork-it's further advice and try to trap the bailiff with a recorded call, or video their visit through a window. Do not open the door to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!