the best way to get charges back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As you may have guessed by my name, I work for a bank. Capital One to be exact. I'm in the same position as you, but with other banks. (it's gross misconduct if i got charges on my staff credit card).

This is BS to be polite! So you're saying that you'd get fired if you made a payment late? I'd love to see them try and justify that when you took them to an employment tribuneral.

don't knock the India call centre either, they're 10x more likely to refund no questions asked.

if you don't want to speak to the india call centre, don't call before 7.30am and after 8pm. The UK staff are only available during these times (the perks of sending our jobs abroad)

There are no perks in getting your jobs sent abroad. Don't stick up for the Indian call centres. They are taking YOUR jobs. If the company feel that outsourcing offshore is working well, then it's probably only a matter of time before the rest of the call centre operation is off-shored as well.

Stick up for yourselves. Fight for your jobs.

I very much doubt that you have any trade union recognition at your place of work/within your company. But if you have, get in the union. A trade union's strength is directly influenced by the number of members it has.

• Confused 2

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 2 months later...
Although customers might not think there isn't perks, there is. 'we' used to be 24/7 365 days a year based in UK including Christmas (people do phone in on Xmas day:o )

We use our India call centre to work nights/ bank hols/ Xmas and Easter. So we don't have to fight to get these off anymore.

I get your point about it all being shipped off, but i doubt that would happen. the india staff have degree and can only do the most basic work. the work that requires a bit of though is left for those in the UK and some of them have barely learnt to read&write.:)

But what about when they consider off-shoring the rest of the operations?

I called National rail the others day and asked for a train time for a train from Swinton (South Yorkshire) to Sheffield.

I EXPLICITLY stated that it was Swinton South Yorkshire and not Swinton in Manchester. I even told her it would show on her system as Swinton (S. Yorks.).

The result? Well, for a 20 minute-or-so train journey going through Rotherham, Meadowhall, and the Sheffield, she wanted to send me via London Waterloo.

WTF?!

This might seem like a drastic example, but believe me, this is a VERY common occurence.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks