Breakdown of Charges

drummyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I finally received my statements today (long after the 40 day deadline). Just flicking through a few pages already, I calculate that at least £500 has been taken in the space of a few months.

I have 2 questions really. I know you cannot claim the lawful charges (ie for having a Royalties Prem account) but how do you seperate this charge from the unlawful ones as on my statements it appears to be added on together.

Initially this charge was £5 six years ago, but I'm aware it has risen to £12 now. Without knowing when these charges rose, how has everyone else worked out how much to remove?

The second issue is that I have been with the Bank since around 1991. Has anyone claimed as far back as this, as I realise that you can? I dread to think how much that will come to in total!!!

All help appreciated.

Hi Guys

I finally received my statements today (long after the 40 day deadline). Just flicking through a few pages already, I calculate that at least £500 has been taken in the space of a few months.

I have 2 questions really. I know you cannot claim the lawful charges (ie for having a Royalties Prem account) but how do you seperate this charge from the unlawful ones as on my statements it appears to be added on together.

Initially this charge was £5 six years ago, but I'm aware it has risen to £12 now. Without knowing when these charges rose, how has everyone else worked out how much to remove?

The second issue is that I have been with the Bank since around 1991. Has anyone claimed as far back as this, as I realise that you can? I dread to think how much that will come to in total!!!

All help appreciated.

Hi i had the same problem, the way i worked it out was that account fees are usually debited on the same date each month. If had a charge that was combined i removed the account fee. You can ask the bank to provide dates for when charges and account fees rose.

I have filed my first claim with Rbs and am waiting for my court date, i asked last week for statements from the date i opened the account (1988) i intend to claim for those charges as well. There are threads on this subject.

• Confused 1

Ah just double checked statements and you're right about them coming out on same date. That helps cheers. Does anyone who has already claimed have any other ideas about account charge rises or have worked it out before I have to contact the Bank?

I will definately try to claim back as far as 1991, after this one has concluded. I just wondered how other folks had/were getting on.

Ok I have gone through my statements (weird reading your life over the past 6 years!!) and I have picked up £700+ that are illegal charges. I never read my statements usually, but one thing I picked up on was that if you go overdrawn they charge you for that and then a referral charge as well!!

Just to answer my own question for others. When I changed to Royalties gold in 2002 the Legal Maintenance charge was £10. This stayed the same until May 2005 when it rose to £12. Hope that helps

Hi this has helped me a lot. A am presently helping my other half out and I am thoroghly confused. I noticed he always had a charge around the 18th of the month ranging from £5 - £25. this was recorded as a 'charge to 3rd of that month' Also there were referral charges of £20 - I assume these are the one's for actually going overdrawn whereas the charges were once a month. Now looking through his statement later there are some charges for£30 and some for £10?? I'm trying to write out a detailed statement of charges and i just have no idea what the charges are for!! Has anyone got any idea?:-?