Help filling in an N1 claim form for a payment of £690 to bailiffs for parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently had a N244 application for a parking contravention. As the council is refusing to pay the amount that their appointed bailiffs collected back I have decided to file a N1 claim form, can anyone help me in filling this out as I have never done this before?

Hi,

I recently had a N244 application for a parking contravention. As the council is refusing to pay the amount that their appointed bailiffs collected back I have decided to file a N1 claim form, can anyone help me in filling this out as I have never done this before?

If your N244 is accepted, this will mean that the warrant is revoked and this rewinds the PCN to an earlier stage. By revoking it also means that in the eyes of the laws, the warrant never existed and as such, you are entitled to be refunded for anything that was paid under the warrant.

It is most important to be aware that any bailiff fees paid are the sole responsibility of the LOCAL AUTHORITY as the bailiff company are merely acting as their agent.

Can you provide details of why your Out of Time was submitted and which local authority and bailiff companies are involved.

I have decided to file a N1 claim form, can anyone help me in filling this out as I have never done this before?

Search and you will find it, but modify it to your circumstances.

THE MAYOR AND BURGESSES OF [NAME OF COUNCIL] 1st DEFENDANT

AND

[NAME OF BAILIFF COMPANY] a firm, 2nd DEFENDANT

Brief Details of the Claim - enter - Reclaiming fees.

Particulars of claim:

I received a bailiff acting for the defendant collecting an unpaid parking ticket. The bailiff dishonestly charged me [£AMOUNT] bailiffs fees contrary to the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993 which prescribes £28 and reasonable costs for transporting a debtors goods in a van. The bailiff did not move any goods in a van and I did not sign any documents for the bailiff. I have been defrauded by the bailiff who is cheating with his fees and I asked for a refund but it was the bailiff’s choice to keep the money. On 20 April 2007, Lord Lucas in the House of Lords asked HM Government (inter-alia) "whether it would be right for the police to claim that such an action is a civil and not a criminal matter"? Baroness Scotland of Asthal, The Minister of State, Home Office replied: (inter-alia) "A bailiff or any other person who dishonestly charges for work that has not been done will be committing an offence under the Fraud Act 2006". Reasonable costs have been defined by District Judge Advent on the 9th & 24th September 2008 presiding over Case No 8CL51015 Anthony Culligan (Claimant) v 1. Jason Simkin & 2. Marstons (Defendants). The court ruled that “because the Bailiff produces no evidence as to how the charge had been arrived then he unable to show that it is reasonable". I claim i) the sum of [£AMOUNT], ii) Interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the date the money became due at the daily rate of 0.00022%, iii) reasonable costs the court thinks fit for being defrauded by the defendant iv) Reasonable costs the court thinks fit for Discovery of Information and compiling this case for court, v) costs allowed by the court at the prescribed rate.

Professional property investor and conveyancer