Claim Virgin dealing with Virgin

Echoblack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay so I've just recieved the amazing news that this site exsists and I want to claim my charges back off Virgin (MBNA).

So I downloaded the spread sheet and started going through my old statments (I have all of them) to avoid wasting time with a SAR. While doing this 2 things became apparent.

1. My account number has changed twice, due to lost cards. Do I need to put seperate applications in for my 3 different account numbers, or just list all 3 numbers on the same spread sheet.

2. At some point in the last 6 months virgin refunded me £100 of charges. Seeing as I have charges going back almost 3 years totaling way more than £100, where abouts do I remove this £100 from? Unlike MBNA I don't want to be claiming interest I'm not actually owed. So am I going to have to file a SAR anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated

MBNA: £545.88 recovered in full

HSBC: £2192.50 LBA sent

HFC: £160 biding my time

Citi: £550 Biding my time

Halifax: £350 Biding my time

Total - £3798.38

Hi and welcome to the site.

One SAR will cover you for all information held about you - it doesn't matter how many account numbers you have.

As for the refund you've already had, I would knock that off the charges immediately before the refund.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I added up all my charges from my statements and came up with a grand total of £545.88 I sent the preliminary letter on the 14/09/06 and recieved a reply today. The letter said in short 'we can't find our ass with both hands and map, but someone is coming over later who knows vaugely where it is, so we should be able to give you a full response by the 11/10/06'

To send LBA, or not send LBA on the 28th that is the question.

MBNA: £545.88 recovered in full

HSBC: £2192.50 LBA sent

HFC: £160 biding my time

Citi: £550 Biding my time

Halifax: £350 Biding my time

Total - £3798.38