• Tweets

• Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles.
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

uk's benefit shame as food handouts originate from donated food from sainsbury

Guest jsa12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in the 21st century a new low has been quietly reached here today in the uk,namely food vouchers,even worse these are not sourced from the government but appear to donated by shoppers at sainsbury through a recommended "shopping list",the trussel trust claims to work in the uk and bulgaria.

http://www.trusselltrust.org/resources/documents/foodbank/ShoppingList.pdf

http://www.trusselltrust.org/

i cannot comment for others but feel this an utter disgrace that a western european country this day and allegedly age could stoop to such a level and a uk government would ever allow or participate in this and actively support such a move.presumably if no donations are made there wont be enough to go around.

a crisis loan is to support such an eventuality,help those on key/card meters.

If i had to rely on a crisis loan i'd be screwed since i'd have to pay to pick up the cheque. The jobcentre is nowhere near me and there is no provision to pay money direct to bank accounts. Scandalous. But yes, it is a disgrace that some are havign to rely on food parcels because this sickening capitalist system has yet to be fully dismantled.

This isn't new. DWP being directly involved is but not the concept in itself. Food banks and food vouchers by charities have been on the go for some time and do a lot of good for people, particularly those who who cannot get a Crisis Loan - those on sanctions for example. A crisis loan cannot be made during a sanction period. It's also useful to those who are not able to get through on the phone, such is the case with many. The article states that it will help those inelligible for a crisis loan, and given the number that are ineligible, this can only be a good thing.

I'd rather stand in line with my food vouchers than see my children starve if I wre ineligible for a crisis loan or couldn't get through on the phone.. I'm glad to see a charity that have been so proactive in helping those in poverty.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I don't think the point is about criticisng the idea, rather that we shouldn't have to be handing out food vouchers. THe idea that people should be going hungry in Britain in 2011 is a disgrace. The idea that people should be starved into submission by state sanctions and penalties is shameful.

there is more here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11427207

http://www.trusselltrust.org/media-coverage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/dec/20/jobcentre-staff-food-vouchers?INTCMP=SRCH

as many have been reading on the forum,the sanction system is often used as a weapon without any justification or proof of any wrongdoing,the sainsbury poster is deliberately and marketing exploitation using a child as publicity for this campaign without giving a full explanation of the wider issues regarding these vouchers and who they involve in there targeted groups,the implications of their use and the affects on uk society as a whole of such a move.

the crisis line has been like this from day one of operation,and has been allowed to operate like this unabated throughout,it would not be reasonable to assume this has not been given the attention or consideration it should have been,and the underlying problem as such is much more serious.

when people are faced with such a move they are inclined to do things which would not be the norm,when someone stole food from a co-op locally much was made of their apprehension and susequent arrest,however no one asked why should someone be stealing food.these items are useless without the means to cook them also.

maybe the popes aid was not wrong after all in the comments of a third world country,many will be enlightened by such words given the circumstances of what tantamounts to red cross parcels under a alternative guise.

Edited by jsa12
update

If the DWP recieve your Medical Certificate too late (and they haven't got the 3 days they need to use the BACS system to put your money into your account), they will do an instant transfer on the day that your money is due (as long as they have the MC before, or on that day). You may not have it available first thing in the morning as usual, but you will have it that day. Therefore, I can't understand why a crisis loan cannot be paid in the same way?????

One time (whilst I was in hospital). My father (who was 74 at the time and had a broken ankle) recieved a food parcel from the DWP. He still to this day believes that the staff had a whip round and dropped it off on their way home because they would not give him a Crisis Loan????

I actually believed that myself, because I never knew about all this.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

you should get a crisis loan,however the fundamentals in society such as the welfare state have come under more and more erosion,benefits harder to claim,the continued focus on sanctions on already meager benefits then the real problems associated with a roulette wheel economy that has continually emerged over the last thirty years with severe detrimental results for the uk citizen tax payer/household,much like the nhs which faces the same problem these are not ideas that came from todays increasing feckless economy however people rely on them because of its circumstances that have all to become an everyday fact hence both are targets for political mischief .