BIASI Uk Ltd - A Warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year to all on the Consumer Forums...keep up the good work...!

I had a similar situation with Biasi...they take a sum of money around (about £200) and offer a "guarenteed repair"...the engineer visited our premises and was unable to repair the fault...muttered something about being too old and "beyond economical repair" (the boiler not him!!) and then proceeded to leave us in the lurch with a non working boiler...

The next day a local engineer came round and fixed the fault (for £110 + VAT) we eventually got our money back from BIASI after making a complaint to had office but we were very cheesed off with the service they offered to say the least....!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 5 months later...

hi i had a similar prob with biasi riva had agent out 5 times could not find what was wrong

(fault code came on at end of day so would not come on in morning till re set)

they then said it was boiler flue fault(i am an installer by the way)but would not meet us on site

to prove this,so we stripped it down (the flue ) and sent them photos,with no response :-x

so i took the boiler down and back to suppliers ,fitted a diff erent boiler and got a refund and

a £100 comp (would have preferred them to have sorted it )

i used to work for a boiler manufacturer and would advise if you have problems trace the MD of

that company ( home address )and bring it to his attention , he is ultimately responsible,you will be supprised how quick things can get done

• 1 year later...
hi i had a similar prob with biasi riva had agent out 5 times could not find what was wrong

(fault code came on at end of day so would not come on in morning till re set)

they then said it was boiler flue fault(i am an installer by the way)but would not meet us on site

to prove this,so we stripped it down (the flue ) and sent them photos,with no response angry.gif

so i took the boiler down and back to suppliers ,fitted a diff erent boiler and got a refund and

a £100 comp (would have preferred them to have sorted it )

i used to work for a boiler manufacturer and would advise if you have problems trace the MD of

that company ( home address )and bring it to his attention , he is ultimately responsible,you will be supprised how quick things can get done

• 1 month later...

Any boiler can need repair from time to time.

Thats normal for boilers and cars. When that happens you need a competent engineer to repair it.

The OP here did not seem to realise that if he had contracted Biasi to repair his boiler and if he had paid Biasi for that service then his contract is with Biasi and if they choose to employ a service agent then any problems with the repair are still for Biasi.

Biasi boilers are some of the most reliable in the market place, I repair many different makes which is why I am able to come to that comclusion.

As an engineer I am surprised that the OP's discussion never mentioned what his fault and symptoms actually were. Also that the later posts from installers did not mention what the faults were. Although just because someone is Gas Safe registered it does not mean that he is skilled in fault diagnosis as many prefer to just instal new boilers.

Tony

many prefer to just instal new boilers.

Of course they do, it's usually easier and earns more money.

I have had a Biasi boiler for years and have had no problems whatsoever. Without thought when it comes time to replace, it will be with the same make.

What I did not say is that all boilers need to be fitted on a completely clean system and that sometimes needs power flushing.

Because Biasi boilers are good value, they are often bought by landlords and cheapskates because they are good value but then installed by poor installers many of whom are not even gas registered and make no effort to clean the system.

Some do fit a magnetic filter thinking thats an alternative ( at the customer's expense ) to power flushing or proper cleaning.

Faults caused by dirt in the system is the most common fault that I see with cheaper boilers. Thats not the boiler's fault but the installer's!

Tony

I dont know why you come to that conclusion! If your boiler had worked fine for many years then it was installed properly on a clean system.

The problems are those who dont pay to have the boiler installed properly by a gas reg engineer who ensures the system is clean.

I would charge £840 to install a combi regardless of the make as the same amount of work is required if the boiler is cheap or expensive.

Ask the £300 installers on Ebay if that includes power flushing the system and unsurprisingly it does not even though it is part of properly installing a boiler if the system is dirty!

Tony

I didn't pay to have it installed, I did the lot myself and then got someone in to commission it and give me the requisite certificates.

I did miss a smiley from the 'cheapskate' post, sorry, it was supposed to be light hearted. :D :D (have two this time to make up for it)