• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dayglo's mission to get his life back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anybody is interested I received a letter from CRA saying that as a private companythe Humans Rights act Doesnt apply to them!!!

Wonder how that is going to effect us!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Zoots either Ive been at this too long today or Im being thick, but I thinkIve missed your point there

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Tinks this is what I thought so you can imagin my surpise when they said it wasnt !!!!

Allyxia

Surely though just because you are a private company you are not outside the law?

I feel like Im missing something here, sorry!

Allyxia

It doesnt help to throw things in the pot and toss ideas around, It helps sort out the fact from fiction and I for one like to have these informal discussions before I start writing letters or court papers!!!

Allyxia

yes sorry dayglo thats what I meant for my sins!!!!!

AS most people know Im surrounded by noisy boglins for the best part of the day so the only P & Q I get is after bedtime I get too distracted by them in the day and leave myself open for terrible typos!!!!

Baby Boglin knows me by the back of my head rather than my face!!!

Allyxia

Im going to use them but hanging fire as I got a court case pending for both me and OH re deafults and CCJ, was going use the one free time to see if they have been removed!!!

Allyxia

Dayglo I wish my courts were like that!!

I quote "we cant find your file" hour later I phoned back "oh yes your file was in a box"

This was after the transferred my case in error to manchester then claimed Manchester had transferred the case to them in error, Gawd knows what would have happened if I hadnt had phoned them I think a) it would have been archieved with the box or B) transferred back to manchester!!

HA HA - Courts dont yah just love them!!

Allyxia

Huney - I was told by my court that the judge is only there two days per week, I guess thats cause Jones the Judge is Jones the Baker on Monday and Jones the Butcher on Wednesday and Jones the Preacher on Sunday!!!!

I think he probably Jones the farmer the other days of the week!!

Allyxia

ha Ha No you win that one - I'll give you that - you silly sausage!!!!

Allyxia

As Im in the middle of court action with a hearing next week Im going to hold off getting my info!!

Was informed yesturday that the Mortgage company has refused my application despite the CCJ being in dispute!!

Told them If I get it removed next week I will send them court papers as to filter down to the CRA will take around 6-8 weeks. And I cant delay the Mortgage that long.

They refused the court papers and said they will only consider it "set aside" when it comes off the CRA files!!!!!!

So am I to beleive here that the CRA are more powerful than the courts?

This has got to stop!!!

Allyxia

yes I know.

It really get tome that Ihave to pay £150 for a court order to remove the default info when the banks can just slap the info on willy nilly!!!

Allyxia

Dayglo I have been going after the CRA for last two months now, so if you want any of my letters or see any of the crap they have been sending me let me know - funny that though as im typing a letter to experian as i type this.

they are full of contradictions and misquotes regarding ICO report andcant seem to grasp that when I point it out to them!!!!

If they quote can instead of may at me once more Im going to travel up to the Directors office myself and thump them!!!!

Anway like I said Im already pursueing that angle and can let you know what to expect.

Allyxia

Well lets see what the judge has to say to me next week then eh!

Allyxia

Blody cheek of it!!!

The fact that the bank have registered a default agiinst you as a result of acting unlawful!!!!

Ok sorry Day - me just having gut reaction here, which is not helping you I know. Its not the same blooming judge as Jonni is it!!!!

OK I will give it a shot and have a look at some stuff - about to log off now but are you going to be around 11ish tomoro (however you may have a result by then so here hopeing hey).

I also have a vested interest in this due to my hearing next week, so I think we need to get our thinking caps on - have you contacted Jonnie by the way?

Allyxia

Sweet - well if we cant get an answer from the court then wher the hell are we suposed to go to get incorrect or disputed information removed?

I think this whole CRA subject is onethat needs to be looked at more closly - even as a seperate campaign.

Im wondering if UK cant help what we may have to look at with european law and data protection!

Allyxia

Also, for what its worth from the muppet factory at experian

"the onlyinstance we will remove information without direct authorisation from the data provider is if a court order is provided"

Sorry I couldnt cut and paste from the letter. Though I think what the brains above have posted superceeds my info - well done you guys!!

What it is with these judges and the whole thing with defaults etc etc!

Allyxia

You go pete!!!

We are baring!!!

Allyxia

Hear Hear Dayglo I will let you know how I get on in court next week

Allyxia

Thanks!

Allyxia

Ok sorry daygo.

Im surrounded by my boglins at the moment who seem content to age me 10 years and not give me a moments peace. I will have a look at it later on as It is bound to some baring on whats is going on with me and Natiowide!!

I take it your referring to the part where the court is quering its position to hear this case yes?

Allyxia

Dayglo as promised update on todays court hearing - hope then for us all!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide-successes/44492-allyxia-big-guy-vrs.html

Keep going you can get your life back - I have!!!!

Allyxia

No really anything!!!!

I dont mind if we can all link together and suport each other through tips and information sharing then hey - the whole default and CRA system disgusts me to be honest, and I for one think it needs a good shake up!!!

Im sure youve got it all covered - but I can offer further advice on what I think the judge was looking for in the case!!! Ive gone into breifly on my thread - but hey no worries ask anytime!!!!

Allyxia

Thanks all - Im hoping that hearing that people are going to court over such matters and are accutally WINNING means that when things get tough and we start to feel dispondant, we can re read threads like this and get enough hope to carry on.

AS you can see from my thread I even made mistakes along the way - and I still managed to come out the other end!!!

All I can say it was down to the court work and paperwork in the bundle and reading as much as possible so I was armed to answer all the judges questions at the end of day!!

feeling a bit calmer today!!!!!

Allyxia

Willow I agree as I was unsure where this would get the most exposure in my bank thread or in the Default section its a shame if people miss it when they are going through the same as they may not go into Nationwide or any otherbank forum if they are not dealing with the Banks!!!!

I for one dont tend to wander into forum which Im not actually claiming aginst!

Allyxia