Hello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today joined with The Consumer Action Group and look forward to be able to claim back the unlawful charges made by my bank with your help. I have yet to get started in the research to help me reclaim my money. Thank you.

Suzanne

Hello

The research part is very important.

Don't take any action at all until you understand all the steps and the layout of the site.

Every thing you need is on the site but we are very big now and it will take you a little time to find your way round.

However it will be worth it for the confidence you will gain and the money you will get back.

Good luck

I have now started the ball rolling in that I am arranging a new joint bank account elsewhere and arranging salary to be paid to the new joint account asap and I have drafted a copy of the SAR letter to the dear Halifax. I am yet to send it as I have a couple of questions. The bank account in question is a joint account, do we sign the letter jointly or individually - obviously it is either signatory being a joint account, but wondered what was the done thing? Also, we have an overdraft does it matter if the account is overdrawn? I am thinking of leaving it overdrawn until we win! Is that the "done thing"? :confused:

I have now started the ball rolling in that I am arranging a new joint bank account elsewhere and arranging salary to be paid to the new joint account asap and I have drafted a copy of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to the dear Halifax. I am yet to send it as I have a couple of questions. The bank account in question is a joint account, do we sign the letter jointly or individually - obviously it is either signatory being a joint account, but wondered what was the done thing? Also, we have an overdraft does it matter if the account is overdrawn? I am thinking of leaving it overdrawn until we win! Is that the "done thing"? :confused:

Hi,

Either one of you can sign the letter. Having an overdraft should not stop you from claiming back your charges, but some banks have been known to take retaliatory action and call in overdrafts so be aware of that.

Halifax will pay the refund into your bank account anyway, so even if you have an overdraft your refund will go towards it.

I would also suggest that you now start a thread in the Halifax forum, with all the other Halifaxers for more support anda dvice.

Best of luck!