Computeach problem

B3rnie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I enrolled for a course with Computeach in October 2009. It was only once I'd paid for the CIW course that I found out that I only had one year of study (thereafter paying more fees to complete the course which I thought I had already paid for) - this was not made clear to me by the consultant [EDIT] who I first spoke to. I was under the impression that I was paying for a course that I could complete in my own time - but with a year of support if needed. I could have purchased this course through ICS for a much cheaper price and I would have received all training material. I only went with Computeach because of their promise to find me work once I'd qualified.

So, I was unaware that my study period would only be for 1 year, I was not notified of this fact when I enrolled. I cannot afford to pay extra fees to continue with my course after that year as I am unemployed.

I have been unable to study since November 2009 due to my sister's ill health. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer so I had to care for her until her death in May. Since that time I have been dealing with her financial affairs - probate, and caring for her 6 year old daughter and trying to help her to cope with the loss of her mother.

Seeing as I cannot study due to unfortunate circumstance, then I do not see why this provider cannot either give me a refund or give my what I paid for - MY CIW COURSE MATERIAL. I am not in the habit of paying for an invisible product. If that provider tells me, once I have already paid my fees, that I have only paid for 1 year of study, then I am entitled to ask for a refund for that product as the stipulations were not relayed to me on the onset. I did ask for a refund once I was fully aware of the conditions, but Computeach refused.

Computeach have extended my study period a few time, but this is no help as I cannot find time to study right now, I cannot study as I have too much to deal with since my sisters death.

I have tried to get help through The Institute of IT Training, to no avail - they seem happy enough as I have been given extended support time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by alanfromderby
Name removed.

I did ask Computeach for the learning materials for the course, this was their reply on 03/09/2010:

“…. we would advise that you were sent an email, which was copied to you in our last communication, which stated specifically that there would be no refund of fees. We have maintained all facilities for you, and have tried to be supportive during this period. However, the facts are that you paid for a 12 month study period during which you would progress your studies. We have understood that your family issues have delayed your studies and offered you extra time to move forward. Your 12 month contract has in fact stretched to 21 months (1 month of which was offered due to a delay at the beginning).

Therefore, we stand by our previous communication regarding any refund, and also advise that as per the Terms & Conditions of enrolment as you have not completed the first CIW element we are unable to issue further materials, as the prior stage has to be completed and passed before we can move a student through to the next element.

We are sorry we could not be of more assistance.”

So basically, if I cannot study for the course, then I do not get any study material, whether I’ve paid for it or not.

Just a point in ICS do not go near them you might aswell stuff an envelope of money down the drain.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

They're useless, absolutely bloody useless. I asked them to enter me into an exam they demanded I score NINETY PERCENT in a mock, even though the pass mark for the actual exam was 70%. In the end I entered the exam myself via Prometric and passed with more than 900/1000. I had to nag for all my study materials to finally be released, which they only did when I agreed to terminate the course with them (a great deal if you ask me, get my books and get shot of Computeach at the same time!)

Anyone reading this do yourself a favour; take 100 quid down to the local bookshop, buy the MS official book in whatever course it is you are doing (and a few others to ensure you have plenty of material) and do it yourself. Sign up with Measure up (who Computeach use anyway) and get your help from Googling and web forums rather than the tutors. The exams usually cost less the £100 with Prometric and there are places you can sit the exams all over the UK. All in all about £300. I wish I'd known this 2 years ago. Already revising for my next exam in december. That'll be 2 out of 3 passed in 3 months after nearly 2 years of not passing anything with Computeach. 3 grand for a few books, and a tutor who I never used anyway (forums are a far better source of information).

The tutor was useless for me, wouldn't even reply to my emails when I questioned his decisions. Customer services were just as bad too, after 2 or 3 emails they stopped replying. Eventually after several more and when I explained I couldn't finish the first course with them since I was taking the exam elsewhere they finally agreed to release the material that I'd already paid for on condition I terminated our contract. Needless to say my only though was "where do I sign!". I can only suggest nagging them and hope the give in (you've paid for it after all, they have no right to withhold it).

Probably the worst customer services I've every encountered in my life, anyone reading this thinking about signing up with them DON'T. I don't know anyone who has a good word to say about them.

Ok, I have just sent another email to Computeach customer support to ask for the study material that I have paid for to complete my course. I'll let you know the reply, if I receive one.

I've just received an answer from Computeach, with regard to my learning materials.

"Thank you for your recent email.

However, our stance on this matter has already been made to you. We have, as a gesture of goodwill, given you extra time at no extra charge to yourself, due to your personal issues. You enrolled upon a 12 month study plan (which in actual time became 21 months). The Terms & Conditions are clear and unequivocal in that course materials will only be issued upon completion of the previous stage. You currently have until 18/6/2011 to make some progress on your studies.

If there are still payments outstanding on your agreement then these should be maintained. However, we remain unable to deviate from our previous statement, and no further materials will be supplied to you as per your contract with ourselves."

Any suggestions on my next move, as they are adamant that they are not letting me have any of my course materials until I have passed each exam.

Typical helpful Computeach right there.

I've just had a quick look through the terms and conditions PDF I recieved in 2008 for you. I could find no mention of materials only being released once the previous stage of the course has been completed anywhere. Maybe they could highlight where abouts this is specified (not that I doubt their honesty or anything)?

It would be interesting to know where you stand legally with this. Maybe citizens advice?

Bloody hell, you give them 3 grand and they have the cheek to make it seem you are being unreasonable to ask for a couple of books!! And giving you extra time, they make it sound so generous, how dare they - they could give you 100 years study time and it doesn't cost them a penny until you start using your tutor and taking the exams.

BBC Watchdog, this company is screaming out for investigation.

• 9 months later...