hme.4x4

CSL Calls

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3565 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been inundated over the last week with 'robotic' phone cals from CSL (02087634575).

The metallic voice says this is a message for Ms XXXXXX then instructs you to call CSL urgently quoting reference number XXXXXXX.

I ignored them originally but they were becoming so annoying I called to complain. They kept me hanging on for 10 minutes then when I got through to an agent I told her I was receiving these calls for someone who does not live at my address and I wanted them to remove my number from their database.

She checked the phone number and said 'so are you not Ms XXXXXX? and I said no, I most certainly was not, she then said 'Is that XXXXXX Street?' I said it was and she replied 'so is that not number 17?' (it isn't) then she said 'so what house number is that?' Fed up with her by now I told her it was none of her business, I am not the person she is looking for and please remove my number from the database.

She apologised for the 'inconvenience' and said she would do that.

Haven't had any more calls yet, but what I do know is that CSL are chasing Ms XXXXXX at number 17 in my street!!!

Big time breach of DPA, scary isn't it?

You need to report this to OFT and TS: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

You also need to advise Ofcom of mis-use of telephone lines: Ofcom

The ICO for breach of Data Protection: Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

and a letter to your MP would not go amiss.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I would like to add to this,

Firstly the person they are chasing is my wife, Npower pulled a stunt on us its a long story, I posted it here somewhere. Anyway I could not go on paying £200.00 odd for elect and £125.00 for gas per month, so decided to change supplier. Ill pay Npower what I Owe them £50.00 month till its paid off.

To continue, I get these phone calls all the time. A metallic voice on the line, “if this is Miss Xxxx Xxxxx press 1 now”.

So I pressed 1 and got an adviser, who said you a guy and not miss Xxxx Xxxxxx, then hung up.

The following day, same again. I pressed 1 and got an advisor and she went for it, I did not put on a girls voice I used my own. So I said I would not give out any information unless I was sure whom I was Talking to at which point Sxxxxxxxxx said I should have got a letter from them. I said, yes I did, I did not my wife did. So to prove she was from CSL and did know my details she gave me the door number. So I said she should not do that and she was in breached of the DPA, anyway eventully she gave up and hung up.

Again, The following day, same again. I pressed 1 and got an advisor Hxxxx and he went for it, to prove he was from CSL and knew my detail he gave me the road name.

So Far I Have; The full name, door number and road

Tomorrow I’m going for the town name.

Pinkbeef

See post #2.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

NEVER EVER give any details over the phone! The DCA's do this to trick you into admissions or to confirm the line is live. They even call your neighbours to ask if they know you sometimes. Do not tell them anything.

I always like to play them along and start asking them for their personal details. Then obviously, well if you won't tell me yours, how do you expect me to tell you mine?