Santander Loan SAR - destroyed data?

johno23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have just received my SAR request back from Santander and all they have supplied is the credit agreement.

I have not received any NOA, statements of account, Termination notice or a default notice.

They say:-

we have collated all the information that you are entitled to under the data protection act.

Historically information can only be retained if there is a legitimate reason for processing the data in accordance with the rights of an individual. There due to the time elapsed, some of the original account records will have been destoyed in line with retains policy.

i was under the impression that they had to keep all records for six years after account was closed, is this right?

Also does and what amunition will this give me to get the default removed from my credit file, the account has been paid in a full & final settlement offer.

Many Thanks

Johno

Hello johno23, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Johno,

yes they should keep info for up to 6 years after your 'business' with them has expired.

I have moved this to the DPA and default forum for more views

How long ago was it that you closed the account?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi All

Thanks for your reply!

The loan account was opened in 2006. I defaulted on the account but have since paid of the loan with a full & final settlement offer which was accepted.

They say they are unable to provide any transaction history at all, default notice, termination notice and also the account was passed to various debt collection agencies including Moorcroft, but no information about this has been privded.

Santander said they have destroyed all original account records in line with their retention policy.

The reason I am in this situation as due to the default I am unable to get a mortgage, so trying to get all paperwork and make a case for removal.

I am hopeing that due to lack of paperwork and Santander admitting to destorying this info, where i could go and complain and under what legislation, that will stir things up to hopefully get the default removed or all information removed frommy file with the credit reference agencies.

I have received a copy of a signed credit agreement that is all.

Many Thanks for your help

Johno

Hi

You could try the information commissioner but to be frank, I think they are useless.

Santander may be holding info back (for whatever reason) and you could take them to court to order disclosure

Taking them to court to order removal is another option but i have to say it could be tricky

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You say you want this info to get the default removed - are you saying that it should not have been applied that you were never late for payments etc?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)