• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Is this agreement enforceable? - HFC Loan

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so much for responding to the neurotic one:wink:

Last payment was April 2010... sadly...

Can I check with you to make sure I am understanding something in all my confusion:

1) I need to SAR HFC

2) Once I get a response I need to reclaim the PPI (how?)

3) I ignore TBI completely

I guess I am panicking because they keep mentioning the word court... I don't want to do nothing and then end up before a judge... and I am confused because I don't know if the agreement is enforceable or not...

Thanks again

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have tidied this thread

will be back later to help

TBI are not a dca i have seen associated with HFC before

something funny going on.

can you get together a payment history please

when and how much

rough idea

but i need rough dates etc too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and thanks again

I have only ever received one statement in regards to this account, and that was from TBI (and is mentioned above). It is at home so I shall scan it in and post it tonight. Before the account was with TBI it was with Lewis - they never sent anything except payment slips and calls to my mobile every twenty minutes until gone ten at night if I missed a payment. I do have the stubs from paying them, so I can roughly work out what I have paid... what came out of my then bank account is anyone's guess!

Thank you once again - I feel calmer today than I have for over a week and my headache is going!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

please give us a rough history of whom and when and dates

there is something not right

and that info you have just posted points even more toward it

i'd say you've been fleeced for ages.

i'd SAR HFC today.

lets get a history.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right... are we sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin... :madgrin:

It appears that up until January 02 inclusive I was paying HFC £32.72 on or around the 26th of the month. The debt then got passed to Lewis.

I paid - £24 in 2005 (£2 a month)

£42 in 2006 (£2 going up to £5 a month)

£60 in 2007 (£5 a month)

£60 in 2008 (£5 a month)

Unsure in 2009 - I have receipts for £25 - was made redundant in March '09 and cannot recall what I paid when... have also moved since then...

Statement received from TBI dated 25th October 2010

Customer Account No: xxxxxxxx Assignor: HFC7 Bank Limited

Statement Period ("the Period"): 01/10/2009 - 30/09/2010

Annual Interest Rate for the Period: 0.00%

Balance owing on the first day of the Period: £631.80

Balance owing on the last day of the Period: £601.80

Payments, Interest or Charges payable during this Period:

Debit Amount £ Credit Amount £ Date

0.00 5.00 Oct 2009

0.00 5.00 Nov 2009

0.00 5.00 Dec 2009

0.00 5.00 Jan 2010

0.00 15.00 Apr 2010

5.00 0.00 Jull 2010

The £32.72 information comes from a printout sent to me by L-TSB - it states returned DD from Feb 02 onwards until they closed the account. The amounts paid to Lewis are as accurate as possible.

Sorry but that is all the information I have... I hope it is of some use... and thank you for helping

Mo

Edited by MorganaNK
I'm an idiot!

urm....

that agreement should show totals etc

48*32.78 = £1573.44

that should show as should the total interest charge for credit £615.45

i also believe they must show a sep sig box for PPI

or atleast the cost

it dont show that anywhere.

£4.52PCM was PPI.

dx

and they

Hi DX, so what is my next step... besides SAR to HFC - meant to do it yesterday but got invaded by directors from Head Office! Do I need to write anything to TBI - I guess I have to send something today so that it gets there on the 8th or else they might come round and stamp on all my toys! :noidea:

Thanks

:hail:

no i wouldn't respond or worry about the threat

they can do nowt to you.

they have no more legal powers than a milkman!!

have you got any other paperwork with that agreement and could you scan it at 600DPI.

does that top blanked out box have any figures on it?

i'm puzzled, that agreement is not complete or looking like others for that period.

i'd get a claim going for the PPI, and p'haps, write to the muppets telling them you are disputing the outstanding amount.

they can only send threat-o-grams anyhow even if they dont like it!

yes and SAR HFC

dx

and they

Hi

I cannot scan it in any better than I have. The work scanner and the one on the home PC do this and nowt more... I will have to look at the agreement when I get home to remember what was in the top box... head is in the shed right now...

Thank you for all your help, this is really is a weight off my mind... and I will write to TBI telling them I dispute the amount owing

Mo x

Enlarging (on the screen) the copy I have that I initially blacked out I can see that it is the items I bought and their prices - not clear enough for me to reproduce here so I will have to look at it at home but...

Sorry

2010-08 (Aug).zip

Hi, sorry it has taken me a while to do this, family drama involving 97 year old Grandfather :sad:

I have attached the documents... hope they are ok... and I have SAR HFC and told TBI that I dispute the amount.

Thanks again for your help

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the SAR to HFC, they have refused to process it unless I send them a copy of my driving licence or passport and an uncrossed copy of my signature...

TBI wrote to say that they were asking for a statement from HFC...

HELP (please!!!)

:?:

delaying tactics

do not post anything of the sort to them:

Select committee on Trade and Industry minutes of evidence

(1996 Legislative working party)

2. The working party looked at the legal issues regarding the terms document, writing, signature, instrument, and records of transactions and originality. The Government's current proposed legislation focuses particularly upon the issue of signature. The working party considered the leading case in English law on signature methods, Goodman -v- J Eban Limited. That decision established that:

2.1 mechanical signatures using rubber stamps, printing or typewriting were valid in english law;

2.2 a signature can be by a mark rather than a name as long as evidence can be given to indentify the placer of the mark and the intention to sign; and

2.3 words other than a name can amount to a signature if the necessary intention to sign can be proven

Now although this working party was looking into the Electronics Commerce Bill it points to . .

Goodman v J Eban Ltd (1954)

A solicitor signed a solicitors bill with a rubber stamp which contained the name of the law firm. In the judgment it was determined that the rubber stamp was a valid signature, even theough the Solicitors Act of 1932 required a solicitors bill to be signed; it was established that it is enough to demonstrate that the rubber stamp was affixed by the solicitor with the intention to sign the solicitor's bill.

So now taking the highlights above I go to:

Interpretations act 1978

Schedule 1

1973 c.37.

"Writing" includes typing, lithograpgy, photography or other modes of representing or reproducing words in a visible form and expressions refering to writing can be construed accordingly

dx

and they

We confirm receipt of your letter dated 05 November 2010 requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) pursuant to Section 7 (1) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Before we can reply, please resubmit your request with the following information:

Proof of Identification - (Copy of driving licence or passport)

Further information - legible signature on SAR request letter

Once we receive the above information we will respond to your request within the guide lines of 40 days.

If we do not receive a reply within 30 days from the date of this letter the file will be closed and your Postal Order for £10.00 will be returned.

Should you require any further information, please contact our Customer Services Department on 0870 010 0453, who will be happy to assist.

I read your post dx, what should be my response besides :razz: thanks

its delaying tactics

copy them my post

use the sig from the agreement.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Sent them what you kindly provided, are willing to start the process but will release no information to me until I provide them with a copy of my ID...

• 3 weeks later...

TBI have defaulted me on this account again! I am getting seriously confused here... please can someone help me before my head explodes... :madgrin:

working........

dx

and they

I have recently been in liaison with a debt management organisation & during my consultations it has become apparent there are several issues with our mutual business that I wish to raise.

No total cost for the loan is shown

No interest on costs for the credit is shown

PPI has been added to this loan without my consent, consultation nor signature.

The agreement I signed already had the PPI box pre-ticked with a typed X & not hand written by me.

No total cost for PPI shown

No total cost for interest on PPI shown

I have repeatedly asked for a Subject Access Request upon the loan which you are refusing to supply.

I strongly believe that yourselves & subsequent Debt Collection Agencies have added unlawful charges to my balance and this has unjustly inflated my alleged in-debtness.

Until I receive the required paperwork contained in my Subject Access Request, when I will be able to get help upon these matters, I will not be including HFC in my DMP

I believe the agreement to be flawed, unenforceable, containing mis-sold PPI & unlawful penalty charges that do not truly reflect their associated administrations costs.

Yours

inc a copy of the CCA, & T&c

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Still refusing point blank until I send them a copy of my passport or driving licence :o(

Have now sent them this (well I was sending it to L-TSB so I thought I might as well! - thanks to Harrassed Senior)

I note that you have sent statements and correspondence containing sensitive private information to me at same address as that detailed in my SARlink3.gif request. If you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person I wonder why you have not verified the information before.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 1998. The time to confirm my identity was before you sent your first threat letter.

Please now comply with your legal obligation without further delay

Haven't you sued them, yet? :whoo:

Oooh d'you think I should?!? :madgrin::whoo::lol: