PlusNet broadband speed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have been reading around, and it seems that when going to plusnet (which is owned by BT and uses BT equipment) users may experience a noticeable speed drop (outside of traffic management etc).

it seems that this could be due to BT's equipment being more 'sensitive' than others such as Sky, O2 etc that use their own equipment at an exchange. (plus there is BT's DLM!)

has anyone experienced a speed drop going to Plusnet (BT)?

IMO

:-):rant:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi rebel

thanks for links. yes, i have seen them.

it's the sync speed that drops immediately when going to plusnet from say sky, O2 etc (that use their own equipment) rather than the effects of traffic management and/or DLM etc. DLM is, btw, a nightmare according to their users forum!

I was discussing it here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?245426-plusnet-and-debt-collection but it wasn't my thread so started a new one!

I note that P'net didn't reply re Phorm! :-) not surprising considering this for eg http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/27/cps_bt_phorm/ , http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/30/eu_phorm/

IMO

Even TalkTalk dropped Phorm when us customers started questioning them on their forum LOL

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 10 months later...
have been reading around, and it seems that when going to plusnet (which is owned by BT and uses BT equipment) users may experience a noticeable speed drop (outside of traffic management etc).

it seems that this could be due to BT's equipment being more 'sensitive' than others such as Sky, O2 etc that use their own equipment at an exchange. (plus there is BT's DLM!)

has anyone experienced a speed drop going to Plusnet (BT)?

I had 40mb installed last month, ran at 35mb first 36hrs then dropped to 25mb. Rang plusnet told line capable of upto 40mb so no problem. What they didnt tell me and i found out on my own was that bt has my line configured to only run at 25895kbps so it isnt capable of running up to 40mb

• 2 weeks later...

melvin

that's quite a drop!

apparently with plusnet if there is a continuous connection for 3 days plus, then the sync speed should increase. but if it is then found to be 'unstable' (by their (bt) criteria) at the higher speed then it would drop again!

could ask them to reset the line/connection speed at the exchange and start again.

Edited by Ford
typo

IMO