• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFO chasing 3 CITI Loans + **WON PPI**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No - 17th Sept is closer as it is 12 working days - put either 17th or 20th (the monday) as this will cover it.

We have set up a thread about 'silverpoint' - link is in your thread somewhere, it is proving very popular - thanks!

Ok will go for 20th... to be sure!

below is a link for the postcard. hope its legible!

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/batleyboy1/postcards.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here it is..going by recorded today!

"

HFO Services Ltd

PO BOX 342

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6YX

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Ref: Your reference:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On 28th of August 2010 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. This was signed for as delivered on the 1st of September 2010

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on 20th of September 2010).

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore, you are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before you or your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 78(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. You will also be aware of the CPUTR 2008 and the OFT's guidelines on debt collection which state under the title Deceptive and/or unfair methods - Examples of unfair practices are as follows - 2.8

(i) - 'Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued'

(k) - 'Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonable queried or disputed debt'

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed Breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 21 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 21 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

"

fine - do not sign, print name

Cheers Cole!

OK to update ( and so I can keep a timeline as sooo easily confuddled :-)) Letter sent recorded yesterday, recorded slip filed with letter and will file signature sheet of royalmail.com in a few days once receieved!

• 2 weeks later...

ok i will do some scanning tomorrow at work ( loads of it though ) as i have receieved docs from the OC. to give you an idea what it is there , there is a covering letter, a sort of statement some what i believe are credit agreements with supporting docs and signatures. each apps signature looks different but could be argued are slightly similar but dont seem to match the supporting ID.

One thing that isnt there is any letter stating its defaulted and passed to the DCA , should there be one? should i chase for one?

thanks

Yes - they should have sent a default notice to you at the time so should have a copy of that also they should have sent details of who the debt was sold to - notice of assignment.

We will see what they have sent and work out what else you need to ask for.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Yes - they should have sent a default notice to you at the time so should have a copy of that also they should have sent details of who the debt was sold to - notice of assignment.

We will see what they have sent and work out what else you need to ask for.

Thanks! they are the two things i think are missing ( as well as a detailed statement with start and end figure)

will get scanning and then going through the obligatory blanking out ( its about 20 pages so may take a while)

thanks coledog!

I think that they sell these things in batches, judging by the lack of detail DCAs seem to have I imagine that there is little communication between parties.

donate

out of interest, would the OC speak to HFO and "agree" a NoA and default date? Do they speak that freely?

The HFO fan club have evidence of collusion between the OC and the various Concillian companies.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

BB

Reading through your thread again I noticed that you received an e-consumeriew credit report? I have set up a thread on the Debt Collection Forum on this very subject and am trying to get everyone affected to put in a complaint (how to is in the thread) The link is below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280552-HFO-Services-now-using-e-consumerview-reports-to-encourage-payment

Thanks

donate

update, have had some great advice today ( thats CD! ) and will be posting the CCAs tomorrow for review.

where I am at the mo? well i have a fair handle on what I have and what i need to press the OC for tomorrow!

OK please find attached CCAs from OC. Questions and points i have collated so far ( with help from Coledog). Any further questions comments or pointers much appreciated!

• Three credit agreements dated 22 Sept 04, 11 Feb 05, 22nd July 05 all for loan refinances. There is NO agreement for the original loan or whatever was refinanced in Sept 04.
  • Insurance cover documents for these three loan ( PPI argument?)
  • An application form dated 20th July 05 - but no other application forms, plus supporting id, payslip and bank statements etc
  • No default notice or any correspondence about missing payments
  • No statement of account or record of payments made/charges etc
  • No record of any telephone calls or manual intervention
  • No Notice of Assignment or anything whatsoever about who the debt was sold to or how this got to HFO

cca.pdf

currently drafting reply to docs sent by OC. Paragraph my eye gets drawn to is ;

*_PLEASE NOTE_* that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

All the information missing am I correct they must advise that this cannot be provided as it does not exist or is it a legal assumption?

If anyone has a draft letter to this kind of case this would be greatly appreciated. Seems a fair few holes in the information supplied..what do you think?

Letter from library you will need to amend it to add - Default Notice, any Notice of Assignment (as you assume that the account has been sold)

According to what they have sent it looks like the account is still active and not in default or arrears or sold on! - apart from the fact that there is no statement of payments etc

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further (Insert number of days remaining) days to comply.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

• Confused 1

donate

• 2 weeks later...
Hi BB

Did you send the SAR request for further info to Citi? How many days did you give them? If not -you need to get this off to them ASAP.

Hi Cole,

I did indeed. am resending today though as when i use the rec del tracking I have the "come back later " message for this shipment. Knowing Royal mail as i do this means its been lost/undelivered.

Agree with your thoughts so resending via rec del today, requesting a week turnaround.

Hi guys, another bump to

1. see if anyone else has a look at the CCAs ( thanks Cole and BA)
  2. also advise that my 2nd rec del still hasnt got a signature...odd! DOes anyone know if that OC has moved ? Takes 15 working days for RM to investigate.. Maybe send Spec Del rather than recorded?

Any advice on that?

thanks as always!