CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure webby knows this already but a lot of the formatting on the posters details is off

Note the "Cagger Since :" and "I am in:" are currently missaligned, and the rep blobs are moved to an awquard place on us non-site team by these messages:-

Help the CAG!!

Make a contribution

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, temporary solution for those that find the new font too small, hold CTRL and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to "zoom in"

The "EDIT" button does need bringing back webby :p

And there is a "settings" button at the top that lists all the recent posts you have made. Only problem is it takes a couple of minuted to update.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Smilies are gone (I'm sure they'll be back :p) you can still access them using the "go advanced" or click here and learn the codes for them (print the page out if you like ;))

Scales are the star (and I'll tickle them aslong as huggy42 doesn't catch me :lol:)

Things will get better, this is a work in progress I'm sure!

Webby: Hyperlinks need to be a darker blue :p

• Haha 1

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

It looks like one of those dodgy sites that has nothing but adverts and click throughs. Very off putting to a newbie. :(

I think if they get rid on this advert:-bailiff.jpg from the top left, it'll be better. Webby will only be a day or 2 sorting most of this out I'm sure, then everyone will love the new design :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

hold CTRL and use scroll wheel if the text is too small.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lots of little niggly things right now, get them all listed and I'm sure webby will get on top of them in order of importance.

Good find on that BB, I've not even checked my email notification (I opened my mail program and I have over 90 because my phone and computer receive the same messages, and as I was on my phone all day yesterday, I have every single notification in my inbox :lol:)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

For those that want bigger font, click "go advanced" and change the size. This is 4... I think when webby alters things tho this will look huge :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK, you can edit as soon as you have posted, but not after someone has replied.

I'm sure all these changes are for the best (either that or webby was bored!)

Another couple of little annoyances, If you have clicked "go advanced" and have put a smiley at the end, you cannot put your cursor to the right of that smiley. And if you are editing a post, the spellcheck is gone!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

You can't change your text style! Have you tried hitting the "go advanced" button?

None of my saved links to posts I wantd to remember will work.

Not trying to be negative, just posting problems as I find them! (At least they are my problems)

There are a few problems and tweeks needing to be done and as long as people post them politely as you have done cymruambyth, I'm sure webby will solve them eventually. Can you post one or 2 of the saved links here so I can look and see if I can access it? Maybe there has been a slight format change that could be rectified.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

p.s. can site team maybe sticky this and point webby towards it?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Still not trying to be negative.......I know everyone is busy but could there be a little tutorial to explain how to find eveything? I've just found my pms and subscribed threads, but lost them again! When people are in a panic, which often applies to this site, they need to be able to access stuff quickly, so until we are all use to this a little guidance that is easy and obvious to find may be helpful.

for new people, things are easier to find... top right. Regular members should be beyond panicking by now :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Bookie, what about the dummies guide ???

check out what made bookie want to swear today ;)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yeah... the format of that has changed significantly, it now includes the thread aswell so no easy way to find them :(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Are you on the main page? here

'Cos that says 1800+ people to me

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/online.php

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Also, anyone else noticed you can now embed youtube vids?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think people are just doing that PGH... posting the stuff that is hard to find. This thread will be useful for webby to sort these niggles.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Sorry to appear dim, but how do I find threads I have started please?

Close to the top there is a search box, below that is an advanced search... you can seach username and change the dropdown box to "threads started by"

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

actually, the "advanced search" is a bit fuzzy.... there is a line at the top

Warning : fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3895

so maybe webby is on that bit right now :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well, something that is a little bit of a bug maybe :p Someone has repped me on this thread (in the Bear Garden) and given me my 11th blob :D

Accessing subbed threads is easy as saintly_1 said, however accessing threads you have started I can't find at the moment, although you used to be able to do it through advanced search and through your profile.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

top right, settings

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Things are still being implemented. Work is going on with the search and advanced search as I've noticed differences today. I agree 100% that they should've made a test server, maybe hosted it one of of the other domains that CAG owns to figure out all the tweaks, however everyone has their own way of doing things.

I think "UserCP" is better named "settings" for new people... not everyone instinctively knows the CP is control panel. I like that we can now embed youtube vids to our posts rather than posting a link to youtube and people having to navigate away. still a lot of work for webby to do tho!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Is it just me that sees the date and time? Grey bar above the post, far left?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

my post is 67... the bar where it says that at the opposite end has "today 14:00"

I'm using internet explorer. I'm off out now, will check using firefox later:p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

CTRL + F5 may help. I have the formatting options and date and time even on firefox... off out for a bit, later all!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

OMG... how do you "bookmark"?..... lol :Cry:

In case you are being serious, lol... Depending on your browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc...), you will have a star or something like that near the address bar, click on that, it shold open a drop down asking you where you want to save it, save it to your favs or to your bookmark bar.

Or CTRL + B :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks