BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The Independent are saying that Boris is dropping the promise of not allowing US chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and so on.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chlorinated-chicken-us-trade-talks-boris-johnson-trump-a9549656.html#gsc.tab=0
    • The problem with these small debt amounts is that they can hang around like a bad smell. Every now and again you will start to receive letters followed by phone calls. Then it will go quiet and you will have another debt company chasing you. This could go on for many years.   Ignore DCBL as advised.   Send a complaint letter to ELE/Engie, asking why they have asked DCBL to chase a debt, when ELE have never sent any such bill to you. Then explain that you received a final bill relating to address xxxx and you paid it. If somehow there had been a billing error, ELE were advised of your new address, so they should have written to you at the new address.        
    • Of course it could be the same company trading under variations of the same name in order to dilute their bad reputation. In terms of the money you paid, section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act says that where a price for services has not been agreed then a reasonable price will be implied. I gather from what you have told us that they give you the price in advance and you agreed. I'm afraid that on this point, you would be bound to pay the price because contract law does not help people to make good bargains. It simply requires the people stick by the bargains they have made. On the other hand, if they undertook to do a certain job of work and to achieve a certain result – and that result wasn't achieved then you certainly have an action against them. The problem is that a company like this may be difficult to get hold of unless they have got a very clear office or workplace and some assets. The second problem is that you would probably be required to have given plumbforce the opportunity to come back and try again – and unfortunately you didn't do that. This means you tried to make a claim against them, they would probably argue that these plumbing problems they always take one or two goes to fix and that a reasonable person would give them an opportunity to sort it out before going elsewhere. I'm sure you're absolutely right and these people are completely overpriced – and it seems that they have done a bad job – and of course the reviews don't do them any favours. However, I think you're going have difficulty getting your money back on this – although if you want to try, will be very happy to help you – but I'm sure that it will go to a small claim in the County Court. Of course this would be an interesting exercise for you if you have the energy. It's quite simple – but of course you do risk your claim fee and your hearing fee if you lose. I can imagine that if you produced evidence of their reputation and what has happened in court that the judge will be disposed to find in your favour regardless of the arguments which I have suggested that they might put forward. The final risk could be that they would say that you are only entitled to recover the cost of the second plumber required to finish the job that you had paid Plumbforce for. In other words about a hundred quid. It's not a bad argument – I don't know if it is a winning argument – and as I probably wouldn't bother to be represented, they might not think of it for themselves. However, I'm just letting you know of all the possibilities in this problem. Of course I think one of the lessons view is to make sure that you get at least two quotes for everything – even if it seems to be an emergency. When your new home, it's worth making sure that you gather a list of reliable support services – either from your experience or from the experience of neighbours who will already have been through it. That way you can be reasonably certain that if you have any other problems with heating or lighting or water – et cetera, you will have one or two numbers to hand that you can call on with a certain amount of confidence.
    • Stores around the world have been forced to shut their doors due to the virus pandemic. View the full article
    • The drugs giant says it can double the production of a potential vaccine after backing by Bill Gates. View the full article
  • Our picks

PGH7447

CAG Site upgrade - thread 1

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well they say a change is as good as a rest, but on first view the new format seems more complicated than the old one, I cant seem to find one place where all threads and topics are listed

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

It's certainly different and like anything new will just take time getting used to it :rolleyes:

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

I think its nice, the old skin was always scruffy and amateurish looking. This looks far more professional.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Hey guys, really appreciate the input. I would imagine that the upgrade will continue to be work-in-progress, there have been some really good suggestions about tweaking it made. If anyone would like to add their suggestion please do chil in, afterall it's your forum too!

Best wishes,

Seq

Hey guys, really appreciate the input. I would imagine that the upgrade will continue to be work-in-progress, there have been some really good suggestions about tweaking it made. If anyone would like to add their suggestion please do chil in, afterall it's your forum too!

Best wishes,

Seq

I've found where you can see your most recent posts + subscribed threads: click on 'settings' at the very top right. Result. That might actually become easier for me in time!

I'm sure webby knows this already but a lot of the formatting on the posters details is off

Note the "Cagger Since :" and "I am in:" are currently missaligned, and the rep blobs are moved to an awquard place on us non-site team by these messages:-

Help the CAG!!

Make a contribution

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

How do you view all "New posts"?

The upgrade is awful...everything is harder to read, harder to find and the Site is now even harder to navigate.

Plus, I cannot Edit any of my Posts (the Edit Button disappears after a short while, never to return).

If this is badly written, I apologise. Normally I'd come back and tweak my Posts until they were better to read and easier to understand.

Bring back the Edit Button, and bring it back now!

Cheers,

BRW

OK, temporary solution for those that find the new font too small, hold CTRL and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to "zoom in"

The "EDIT" button does need bringing back webby :p

And there is a "settings" button at the top that lists all the recent posts you have made. Only problem is it takes a couple of minuted to update.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

After spending some time looking at it I have to agree that it is harder to read. The thread list is too compact and could do with being spread out a bit more.

My edit button works fine.

Edited by ashmk
My edit button works fine.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Nooooooooooooo, too old for change!

Wheres me smilies?

Wheres me scales? (I like having my scales tickled)

Oh well, better get teaching myself how to navigate around here again :O(

• Haha 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR