Vanquis Bank - what can I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently have a Vanquis Card which was fine until I lost my job. My limit was £250 but as I am no longer working, I have requested to freeze my account and activate my Payment Option Plan. However when I received the documents it states Redundancy and other circumstances which I not what I understood to mean when I originally took it out. I was paying around £3.87 per month but now it appears that I am unable to activate it as I was not made redundant. My contract could not be renewed due to the government placing a freeze on civil service recruitment. Is there anything I can do?:???:

Hi Shortwoman,

Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you have a ready of the stickys at the top of the PPI homepage, particularly the one entitles " notes for claimants"

If the terms and conditions were not properly explained to you when you agreed to the PPI you may well be able to claim it all back plus interest.

A few questions:

1) What date did you make your first payment for PPI?

2) Was the charge for PPI the same every month?

3) What is the interest rate charged on the card?

Also, if you have been charged any late payment fees you can claim these back as well.

DJ

This bank is a total nightmare, I have recently been trying to sort out my 82 year old mothers finances. When i saw the repayment option plan I initially sent a letter to try to reclaim the "payment protection" they had sold her, they replied that the plan was not a ppi they don't sell it and therefore there was nothing to refund. When we rang today the customer assistant said that this was protection for "when she was ill and her income may be affected or if she lost c close family member then the account would be frozen(not paid off. I questioned her for a few minutes she still insisted it was "a plan" that my mother had agreed to on the phone. Is this correct how can they sell a plan like this to an elderly woman on a fixed income ?? and what do i do next. PS my mother thought it was ok to take cash out on the card too!

Doris,

Makes my blood boil when I hear of these leeches preying on vulnerable people. They really don't have any morals.

I suggest you open a new thread to deal with your mothers claim. Will help to keep these claims separate and also help other caggers to follow your case, give suggestions on a way forward.

DJ