CCJ in the Netherlands

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a CCJ issued against me for just less than 5000 pounds, on appeal the judge made it 'forthwith' and then Shoosmiths put a charging order on my house in the UK, I managed to get Nationwide to remove the charging order so the house could be sold (I had the mortgage and debt with them), I now live in the Netherlands and am making small payments to them through Payplan, which they have rejected previously and the last thing they said to me was they will still persue the debt and just refuse to even consider the Payplan arrangement.

What can they legally do? Can they transfer it to the Netherlands? The only address they have for me here is a PO Box number, will they be able to do anything with that or will they just try to trace my real address, can they make me give them a real address?

As it's under 5000 pounds would they do this or is it quite simple for them to enforce? I still intend to pay it I just don't want any court orders against me here and I can't afford to pay it all at one which is why it's all through Payplan.

Thanks

Technically a CCJ can be pursued in the EU in practice whether it would be financially viable for them to do so is a different matter.

will they just try to trace my real address
They may attempt to yes but for the amount owing I doubt whether they'll go to great expense.
can they make me give them a real address?
No.