Carphone warehouse, faulty phone (within 28day)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 2nd July I bough for £399.95 a sim free HTC Desire phone.

today, 17 days later its developed the ramdom fault some desire's suffer.

That is after a mild use they start constantly restarting for about 10 minutes, and then resume normal operation.

I phoned the CPW store I bought it from

CPW say take it to them, demo the fault, and provided its undamaged, they'll do a straight swap for a brand new one as its with in 28 days of purchase.

I looked at their website so see if I could get a refund as its faulty, I appears they wont refund according to the website.

Surely if an electronic good goes wrong in the 1st 28 days, a full refund should be an option?

took it back last night, got a no quibble exchange for a new sealed htc desire.

will see how this one goes, if it does the same I will push for exchange for a different model phone/refund

You are legally entitled to a refund (or were), companies do like to avoid reminding you of that right but they can't override it.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Way I see this now

Is by getting a replacement phone.

If this one goes faulty, I believe as I allowed them to take reasonable steps to fix the issue.

If it happens again, I believe I can get my refund/or exchange for a different phone (which is not what I want I its the only phone I "Desire" at the moment)

It would be the refund I would pursue.