Pls help I'm submitting my claim!

leamarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your support!! The interest at a quick glance seems to be correct, still need to get the calculator out though.

Will consider asking for the costs to be refunded as I think I should on principle, (not because I'm greedy). I've just read Gary's example letter for this but do I need to add how much I think costs are or is there a standard amount? I've no idea of a sum basically.

If I do this does it need to be before my court date (friday 23rd) and will I still need to go to court (I'm guessing probably not)?

Thanks again for a fantastic website, very inspirational. Just started helping my work colleague claim against Halifax now, the more the merrier I say!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leamarie. :)

Its not being greedy at all - as you say its a matter of principle. Why should you have to bear the unnecessary costs of a claim which they clearly had no intention of defending in the first place? I think most judges may well agree. Mindzai and Lucid have had an excellent response - the judge ordered SC&M to explain themselves, which they haven't done so far, so it looks as though they'll be successful.

What you need to do is list all the costs of preparing the bundle, I.e. ink carteridges, paper, etc. with receipts if possible. Then list your preparation time at the rate of £9.25 per hour. Here's M&L's to give you an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/26172-mindzai-lucid-lloyds-tsb-15.html#post545142

Yes, you need to get it in before the court date and no, you won't need to attend. The 'application for costs' letter I linked for you on the previous page also informs the court that you're withdrawing the claim.

Let us know what response you get.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well I've just received a letter from the court this morning and I guess it's finally over. The letter read:

Before District Judge ***** sitting at ***** County Court.

Upon reading the claimants letter dated 16/02/07

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The claim is dismissed (as settled)

That's it. Very, very brief letter, no mention at all about my application for costs. I take it that they weren't very impressed! Oh well nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess. Although it does still annoy me to think of all the time and effort I put into preparing for the hearing etc. which, as we all know Lloyds had no intention of attending!!!

Booo!!!:mad: Oh well, as you said it was worth a shot.

Do you mind me asking which court it is?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.