• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC Doc's Are these legal please......

DerbyDude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an issue with HFC, and they aren't sending me the original agreement, its quoted on these scanned documents, but they have not as yet sent me (true) copies....These other documents are from, what they say are what I've asked for!

So if these are the correct papers, are they legal, have I missed anything on them/ please have a look for me..... is the fact the've changed companies 3 times since I dealt with them originally?

Cheers

ps

I have just been reading this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements-2.html and it seems I will need to send a SAR to them as I have a second card, same account, replaced due to outdated, and I haven't got a copy of the sign agreement with the paperwork they sent!..... reading the thread, this makes them in Default? or have I got that wrong?

HFC Docs v4.pdf

Edited by DerbyDude
addition of notes

regards

DerbyDude....

Down but not out, divorced happy, but skint! and well annoyed :eek:

what are you trying to acheive?

those docs look ok.

whats the problem?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wanted a copy of the "original agreement" from which this newer agreement was generated..... but they keep ignoring my request ....... I cant find the original agreement from a deal at PCWorld way before this pdf'd one,

Its subject to a dispute re ...section 85 I think, as they have passed me through 3 companies ( HFC /Household Bank /Beneficial Finance) since the HFC Lincoln office closed way back....didn't tell me of the changes ... and now bullying me to move the account, (Weightmans) so I wanted to see if they were acting in a proper manner!

They have also bumped the rate every time it was switched, and want to offer me another on a higher rate again!

I think the only way to sort this will be to ask for another SAR.....

cheers for peeking.....

Edited by DerbyDude
update

regards

DerbyDude....

yes but what are you trying to resolve?

a debt you don't think you owe or what?

give us the history please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

those document look pretty recent,and only go back on those documents since 2008..

the old document was one page...

i have old ones from hfc hamiltons and beneficial that go back to 2000.

if your agreement is after 2008 then it looks ok..from what i can see of it...hi dx aint seen you on the threads for a while...

just looking at the 2000 document a one page special lol it has stuff in their that would nt pass fit as bog paper..

it has a sentance in it that completely shocked me ide never read it until tonight...

it says

(2)any other business that provides life insurance or insurance related services related to your agreement wether it be you or your family as may be we nessesary for hamilton to obtain and use sensitive and personal data or information about you,relating to your physical or mental health or conditions ,sexual life or any offence committed or ALLEGED to have committed

well that say s it all i have never seen such a contract let alone i have one and never read it i digress sorry

yess darby they are notorious for bumbim rates ive only just sent them a letter today since ive started having a clear out because my wife has this with them and when i totaled up the figures last year she had paid into the account 2460.oo and all that came of the balance was 860.oo shock i went through the roof i could nt beleive it..i did nt know she was paying in that much and they were charging that much in intrest she borrowd 10,000 in 2007 so she has paid in some 2697.00 per year that equates to 8091 by the time she has finnished paying the bill will be over 23900...so i think you can geuss what my letter says...i blew my top not with the missus she did nt realise either .but thought it strange that the bill was nt coming down...it says 22.836 anully but small print says on a daily basis ...

i cant work that one out but feel they have had her over big style

patrickq1

yes but what are you trying to resolve?

a debt you don't think you owe or what?

give us the history please

dx

These doc's are from an action where HFC changed me (I had no choice at the time, they moved the loan) from an original store (PCWorld) loan........which the number is on this "contract" and they refuse to send me those original doc's ......from what I read and research, they haven't complied with my original CCA as it was for BOTH accounts and had 2 separate postal orders in, plus when they issued a replacement card, (time expired) they didn't send me a copy of the agreement, so as such should have entered default, and of course they have been charging me interest ever since.....

This has come about as they took a high and might attitude with me ... less they forget I'm the customer, I have complained several times and they have just, ignored me, so I wanted to check out the "files" as it were and see if I actually owe them "all the money" as any saving at the moment is a bonus.....I hate big companies bashing individuals.....

regards

DerbyDude....

well you might be able to understand that but i certainly can't...

lets have a guess

you got a store card through something you brought from PC world.

they then forced you to take a loan to clear this debt?

please in english.

so you prob had ppi and charges on the card, that got rolled into the loan and you want to reclaim them?

dx

and they

well you might be able to understand that but i certainly can't...

lets have a guess

you got a store card through something you brought from PC world.

they then forced you to take a loan to clear this debt?

please in english.

so you prob had ppi and charges on the card, that got rolled into the loan and you want to reclaim them?

dx

Bought a PC and Laptop with a store fixed loan - not a credit card .....wanted to stay with it as it was very good terms.........forced to move the loan.....to a card type agreement as they said they were finishing doing that type of agreement! So I want a copy of the first agreement......fixed loan.......as requested but my guess is they can't find it.....

So interest rates yes, and ppi issues, also, when they eventually issued a follow on card (2007) I'm positive they broke the rules, as it also changed companies.

regards

DerbyDude....

so you have already SAR'ed them, or was it a CCA request?

hfc are the pits toward their customers and you'll prob get the 'its after 6yrs we've destroyed it' excuse.

i hate HFC, we'll nail 'em!

dx

and they

so you have already SAR'ed them, or was it a CCA request?

hfc are the pits toward their customers and you'll prob get the 'its after 6yrs we've destroyed it' excuse.

i hate HFC, we'll nail 'em!

dx

I sent 2 CCA's quoting both agreement numbers, as you would, they sent me the recent doc's as you can see ...and the other postal order back.....I think they can't find the "original fixed loan agreement" as it was from memory a couple of years further back!

Time for an SAR and which account number to use... the oldest I would think for the fixed loan?

regards

DerbyDude....

matters not

the sar is on you not an a/c

just make sure you include any previous addresses.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

I’ve been away and still not got ALL my information

Defence has to be filed by the 2nd, so far they still haven’t got or sent me a full set of account detail’s etc….

Defence can’t be complete as I’ve not ALL the facts…. Embarrassed?

So

So failure to supply CPR requirements by due date, and when asked by the court to do so, just sent copies - same again,

No list of charges and explanations… as CPR requested

No termination letter, No original documents. …as stated and recorded in this the newer contract, and its 4 separate pages….could be a complete mix of anyone’s doc’s

Credit token replaced, No copy of agreement sent …..with new token (breech of contract)

Passed my details on to other company, DCA - and harassed by such

Data Protection act.

No assignment?

Door stepped by original company

I also have these and it seems the judge, although trying to help me has, pointed the other judge to action the agreement request, but the company have failed to fulfil the CPR request?

I have started to work though the docs I have and can lay my hands on, plus what they sent me

Help and advice welcomed please…….

Court Paper 1.pdf

Court Paper 2.pdf

CPR18 request 070710HSBCcleared copy.pdf

Edited by DerbyDude

regards

DerbyDude....